Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the hold again.

3 posters

Go down

Question about the hold again.  Empty Question about the hold again.

Post by Sheriff1962 Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

Being new to BE , I am experimenting with my hold .  Before , whenever I shoot BE targets , I would adjust my sights for six oclock hold with thin white line in between. ( some people call it sub six oclock) . I started practicing center hold and noticed that it is easier for me.  At 25 and ESPECIALLY at 50 yards. Logically,  black sights on black bull should be more difficult.   Black sights on white paper below the bull should work better.  Any thoughts?

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Question about the hold again.  Empty Re: Question about the hold again.

Post by Tim:H11 Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 pm

It only matters what works best for you. No one else is shooting the gun. Just you. 

How the shot plays out could be easier or more difficult depending on the shooters preference in shooting style when it comes to sight picture. 

Some people prefer a center hold and feel in their mind that they hold tighter. Some feel it's an optical challenge but again it comes down to the shooters mindset and what works or doesn't work for the shooter. 

Many will say that center hold is difficult and a sub-six or six position should be learned. Some will find it challenging and find comfort in a center hold - if they have the eyes and mind for it.

How the bullet makes it to your desired point of impact makes no difference so long as you can closely repeat it.
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:42 pm

In my world, a sub 6 hold is a half a black or greater distance below the black, FYI.

I find center hold is greatly affected by lighting. Covered, I can shoot center, Perry, I lose the sight picture.

Even with smoked sights.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheriff1962 Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:06 pm

I only shot center hold covered .  Have to try it out in the open.

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down