Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Florida

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Florida Empty Hello from Florida

Post by kayakingsteve 12/2/2018, 9:32 pm

43 year old with a small to medium amount of experience with firearms shooting casually growing up. Discovered bullseye about 5 years ago and did some .22lr 900 point informal matches at a club. Moved to where I didn't have local matches so stopped for 3 years, now live close to some matches again so just did my first two 2700 point matches in the past months.

Now practicing 3-4 days a week. Working up some reloads.

Want to practice for a year with my k-22 and 25-2 revolvers with only iron sights and see how well I can do. I advanced quickly previously with a laser-accurate MKIII and cheap red dot sight, but want to do it the slow way this time before I get into any nicer semi-autos and optics.

Love this sport and am sad to see nobody younger than myself or even close to my age showing up to the events. My retired friend got me into this and told me, to paraphrase "It's the hardest shooting discipline to learn and it will make you better at all other types of shooting". Well; I was hooked! Smile

Hello all.

kayakingsteve

Back to top Go down

Hello from Florida Empty Re: Hello from Florida

Post by willnewton 12/3/2018, 5:27 am

Welcome to the forum. Irons revolver is going to very good training. They are just a lot of fun.

We have some of the best of the best on this forum. Make sure to visit the Encyclopedia of Bullseye site as well. Lots to learn.

Also make use of the search function. I am sure you will be asking questions related to learning new stuff and you will find your question has probably been answered 20-30 times before.

I am 45 and my local group is all guys 70+. There are clubs in the state near large population centers which have more “young” folks
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 12/25/2018, 4:26 am

Are you close to Ft. Lauderdale?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content