Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1911 hardball/wadgun trigger preference: smooth vs. serrated, pros/cons?

2 posters

Go down

1911 hardball/wadgun trigger preference: smooth vs. serrated, pros/cons? Empty 1911 hardball/wadgun trigger preference: smooth vs. serrated, pros/cons?

Post by buttstock Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Are there tangible reasons to select a trigger for a bullseye pistol (specifically a 1911 45 acp for hardball/EIC or wadgun/2700 shooting) that has a serrated or smooth face?

I'm having a 1911 bullseye gun built, and need to specify a trigger (I know it will be "long", but not sure about smooth vs. grooved.

Is there is a tangible reason to have a grooved or smooth face trigger on a match 1911, or just preference?

Experienced input welcome.

buttstock

Back to top Go down

1911 hardball/wadgun trigger preference: smooth vs. serrated, pros/cons? Empty Re: 1911 hardball/wadgun trigger preference: smooth vs. serrated, pros/cons?

Post by DavidR Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Many high level shooters say the smooth face is better, they reason the lines in the others can cause you to pull more in one direction. I went to smooth just to see and in my case really cant tell much difference.
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down