Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr bulletfeeder

5 posters

Go down

Mr bulletfeeder  Empty Mr bulletfeeder

Post by Jwhelan939 1/21/2019, 7:28 pm

Anyone successfully using a Mr bulletfeeder with 45 lswc? Any tips on setup? They keep going into the outfeed tube sideways and gumming up the works.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Mr bulletfeeder  Empty Re: Mr bulletfeeder

Post by dronning 1/21/2019, 9:09 pm

I quit using it for waxed bullets even though I had mine working just fine it just took too much time to clean up so the bullets would flow.  I was ready to go to coated bullets then I decided to try the Mini bullet feeder for my lead bullets, it worked awesome so I bought 3 more mags.  You only need to get the magazine ($50) if you have the bullet feeder each mag holds about 100 bullets.  It doesn't take very long to fill a tube, I do it while my RF100 is filling a primer tube.

Link to Mini Bullet Feeder

- Dave
FYI for my 1050 I had to fiddle around to position the MBF to clear everything but it does fit.

Last edited by dronning on 1/21/2019, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change does to doesn't take long!)
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 1/21/2019, 9:24 pm

Hey droning, thank you for the response. Funny, I sold the MBF mini when I bought the full MBF. Thought this would work better. I am fine with cleaning it. I just can't get it dialed in. The bullets always fall sideways and jam it instead of falling down the tube. Any tips?

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 1/21/2019, 10:17 pm

You probably have wrong tube size on the dropper, - I had something of this nature with my 6.5 Creedmoor.  I suggest you contact Rick Koskela, and discuss issue with him. LMK if you need his contact information.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 1/21/2019, 11:09 pm

I guess I was lucky, I did have to slow down the feeder. Once I got the bullet to flip over OK everything went well with Zero 200 & 185 LSWC other than having to clean up about every time I refilled the primers.  I did have some 185gr LSWC with heavier wax (don't remember the Mfg.) that I never got to run right, they got stuck just about everywhere.  I gave up and just dropped them into the bullet placer by hand.  Worked good but that's when I decided to try the Mini.

+1 on talking to Rick

Sorry I couldn't be much more help, good luck!
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 1/23/2019, 3:18 pm

If the bullet plate is correct, then it sounds like the little tabs which rotate the nose end of the bullet upward are not correct for that bullet.

I simply no longer use the feeder or the spring chute when loading lead bullets. I simply disconnect where the switch mechanism attaches to the dropper tube. Then just drop the bullets into that section. I think it will hold 5 or 7 bullets. I simply drop them in and let it drop them onto the case as needed. The refill it as I go. Not as fast, but keeps thing cleaner.

When loading JHPs or coated bullets, I run the full MBF system. Works great, except when it doesn't. It will run 99.99% if set up for a particular bullet. I load 3 different .45 ACP loads, with 3 different bullets. As a compromise with different bullets, it is not 100%. At least I haven't found the multi bullet set up which is 100%. YRMV
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 1/26/2019, 2:45 pm

Thank you all, I have been working Josh Lentz at Alpha. He gave a number of suggestions, but I just am not having any luck. I may just end up selling it. It's basically brand new.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 2/28/2019, 8:54 am

I think, I now know your problem, Jwhelan.  What is the COL of the bullets do you use?  Are these 185 grainers or less?
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 2/28/2019, 6:58 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:I think, I now know your problem, Jwhelan.  What is the COL of the bullets do you use?  Are these 185 grainers or less?
AP
Sir, 
I am using the Zero 185 gr lswchp. The length of the bullet is .596.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover 2/28/2019, 7:49 pm

I’m all ears on this as I’m having the same issue with my 3d printed bullet feeder. It will also hiccup on 185 gr jhp. They are so short they like to try to go in sideways
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 2/28/2019, 10:30 pm

I think, this is the solution, guys!  Mr bulletfeeder  Img_4010
I hit the same, presumably, problem loading coated #130 SWC with COL in ~.541".  What you see here is the actual projectile, and 50 AE case (I do reload this caliber, Rick Koskela made couple custom things for my Mr. Bulletfeeder), belled as much as I could get out of standard Dillon's funnel.  I then cut bottom portion of the case and inserted it into Output Assembly.  I had to cut couple of times until I found proper length.  I ended up with 0.73" long piece.
this insert has to seat flash or slightly below of the bottom of the plate, so bullets don't hit it on rotation.
I don't know how to post video clip, otherwise I could show how it works in motion.
Feel free to ask questions.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 3/1/2019, 6:30 am

Interesting. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a few 50ae cases to experiment with. I do not reload for 50. Thank you.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 3/1/2019, 7:32 am

I have plenty of cases.  If you are receptive to cover shipping, I have no problem expanding and shipping them.  LMK.
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwhelan939 3/1/2019, 7:57 am

PhotoEscape wrote:I have plenty of cases.  If you are receptive to cover shipping, I have no problem expanding and shipping them.  LMK.
AP
Absolutely. I'll give anything a try. Thank you so much. P.m. incoming.

Jwhelan939

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down