Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two questions, brass and targets on range box

+6
Multiracer
rreid
dronning
mspingeld
lyman1903
lablover
10 posters

Go down

Two questions, brass and targets on range box Empty Two questions, brass and targets on range box

Post by lablover Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 am

I’d like to know what others are using on a range box (strongcase) to store brass after a shoot as well as targets.  Did a search and can’t find anything..I did see one comment about a snap on the side as well as on the bag.  I was also thinking about making some type of target holder on the back of the range box to hold targets. I’m not really fond of drilling holes in my case.

Thanks Gents, hope to see some pics

Joe
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Two questions, brass and targets on range box Empty Re: Two questions, brass and targets on range box

Post by lyman1903 Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:34 am

Targets are kept in a folder, or rolled (depending on how many I take or have) each range trip, 

brass just depends on what I have handy, 
I've used every thing from the boxes it came in (or I put the reloads in) to a bank bag, small tote, box, or even a bucket, 
whatever is handy (or I have in the car/truck if I forget!!)
lyman1903
lyman1903

http://www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Back to top Go down

Two questions, brass and targets on range box Empty Re: Two questions, brass and targets on range box

Post by mspingeld Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 am

5 PCS Multi Purpose Nylon Mesh Drawstring Storage Ditty Bags for Travel & Outdoor Activity by Erlvery DaMain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SGQF47/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u-zvCbG62AXSW

For brass. Small caribiner to clip on box.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:45 am

I use a brass bag from Creedmoor Sports $8.  I use a CCM brass catcher but when it starts to get full I empty it into the brass bag and toss it into the box.
Brass Bag

Targets I only use repair centers and they fit in the bottom of my box, I push them up behind the drawer but mostly they lay flat.

Two questions, brass and targets on range box Thumb.php?f=http%3a%2f%2fcdn.creedmoorsports.com%2fimages%2fthumb%2fBBAG

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 am

I have something similar to this:
https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/ced-ammo-brass-pouch
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by Multiracer Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:42 am

I think I got my canvas bags from Dillon. They have a flat bottom and a draw string. I empty brass from the catcher into this to transport home.
I also use one to carry my moonclipped 45 ammo 90 rounds worth. Just throw the empties back in the bag to transport home.

Multiracer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 am

Sorry to be the cheapskate here, but my used brass goes in a ziplock bag.  When I see how much burned powder dust gets on the bag, I'm not sure I would want that dropping into my car (no trunk) once or twice a week.

As to targets, I pre-mount full targets to cardboard and hold them together with a binder clip (which make carrying them simpler).   For when I am shooting repair centers only, those fit in the front of my Gung Ho box and I take one piece of blank cardboard to staple them to.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmitch996 Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:52 am

Revolver Supply has some made of canvas with a drawstring closure on top and a mesh bottom.   It also has a clip  that I clip to the shoulder strap attachment on the box.

Bmitch996

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Aprilian wrote:Sorry to be the cheapskate here, but my used brass goes in a ziplock bag.  When I see how much burned powder dust gets on the bag, I'm not sure I would want that dropping into my car (no trunk) once or twice a week.

Cheapskate?!  Heck you PAID for a bag.  I recycle the plastic bag that my newspaper comes in to protect it from rain or snow.
OK, one might argue that since I paid for the newspaper, I paid for the bag...

Doug

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:58 pm

mspingeld wrote:5 PCS Multi Purpose Nylon Mesh Drawstring Storage Ditty Bags for Travel & Outdoor Activity by Erlvery DaMain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SGQF47/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u-zvCbG62AXSW

For brass. Small caribiner to clip on box.
I like this option. Seems like a reasonable price for 5 bags
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:51 pm

I carry all my practice targets in a computer bag. I have 50', 25yd and 50yd targets in there. Some full face folded up and even some tactical targets in case it turns into a carry gun day. The extra pouches let me carry a stapler and a bunch of different types of magazines just in case. The bag is just for practice days. They furnish targets on match days. I have several empty coffee cans for my brass. I keep one handy. On range days I have two in case Staters or Coasties are shooting at our range. It gives them a convenient place to throw their brass. Laughing 

Two questions, brass and targets on range box 20190210
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down