Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School me on optics

3 posters

Go down

School me on optics Empty School me on optics

Post by hengehold 2/13/2019, 1:41 pm

I have been shooting BE for about 4 months in weekly indoor 25yd reduced matches. I have a SW-41 with irons and a couple of other shooters have let me shoot their pistols with an optic mounted on top. I would like to put an optic on my SW-41. From what I read on “The Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol” site suggests that the Ultradot Matchdot 2 is a great choice. I used a Matchdot 2 and liked that the diameter of the dot is adjustable. It would be nice to have that feature on one that I purchase in the future. I plan to use it for full distance (50yd) outdoor BE.

Here is my question: Is there a red dot style optic that has emerged as the gold standard in optics for full distance BE shooting?

Thanks,
-Trevor

hengehold

Back to top Go down

School me on optics Empty Re: School me on optics

Post by swehrman 2/14/2019, 1:25 am

Aimpoint and Ultradot are the brands you'll find on most pistols.  I like to shoot large dots so I use Ultradot. If I remember correctly when I looked at Aimpoint they only had fixed dot sizes in 2 and 4 MOA.

-- Scott
swehrman
swehrman

Back to top Go down

Post by SW-52 2/14/2019, 11:36 am

in my wadgun and my Marvel conversion Aimpoint H1, in my high standard Primary arms MD-ADS.
SW-52
SW-52

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down