Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional

+4
TonyH
james r chapman
john bickar
noalibis.mary
8 posters

Go down

Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional Empty Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional

Post by noalibis.mary Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:09 am

I have asked local Match Directors around NJ, NY, PA - no one has gotten any pins, medallions, blue score-reporting cards (any instructions "in lieu of" NRA awards points previously "earned")...no match bulletin from NRA (which should have listed those sorts of things, if they exist) - just wondering if ANYONE has gotten anything??

My match starts tomorrow - I expect to do my best to offer a great match for 80+/- competitors, regardless (but this is very frustrating!)

noalibis.mary

https://www.NJPistol.com

Back to top Go down

Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional Empty Re: Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional

Post by john bickar Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:39 am

Nothing in Northern CA for the FP Sectional.

Also, I shot a free pistol match, WTF.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional Empty Re: Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional

Post by james r chapman Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Now that you mention it.

No, Nada, zilch, squat.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Now that you mention it.

No, Nada, zilch, squat
+1. I’ll sent the MD a note asking.....if he can shed light on it.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Beth Martin, who took over from Karie, is running a one-woman shop.  Not sure if anyone will get anything on time or exactly when.  She just approved the Sectional for here, that I submitted last year, and only because I sent her an email and asked why it had not been sanctioned.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Greetings,

Shot the NRA Precision Pistol Sectional at Kenmore, WA.

No pins.

No scorecards.

Did not ask about the Award medallions.

They did have a printed Registered Match approval from the NRA.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Still no awards from the 2018 Sectional, either.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm

John, did you get your awards for the 2018 sectional? Miracles have been documented before...
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Not yet.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 pm

One person?
Now, considering the tasks involved it SHOULD be a well oiled machine and be able to be handled by very minimal staff. Maybe not even one fulltime person. But while the NRA website is slick the background seems to be heavy to maintain.
When do people start rebelling properly and set up a better organisation?
Can easily see why the CMP is adding the 2700s to their events, the NRA seems less and less interested in supporting them adequately. Too bad CMP rules and culture seem to leave a lot to be desired as well.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional Empty Shall we try again in 2020?

Post by noalibis.mary Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Here we go again...
According to Beth by email, 2020 NRA Indoor National Championships (Sectionals) will be held:
"Yes, we are hosting 2020 sectionals.  I am in the process of reviewing program applications at this very moment."
(My follow-up email regarding an actual Match Bulletin, pins and medallions went unanswered...)

BUT a NY Match Director actually spoke to her on the phone on Wednesday:
"Final scores from last year have not been released as they are being contested due to the rule that allows participants to shoot multiple times.

Regarding new registrations, Beth did say that, if requested, those items formerly distributed with Sectional Match registrations (pins, score cards, etc.), will continue to be distributed as long as supplies last. Once depleted, they will no longer be supplied.

Medallions have been ordered for Open winners.
However, she did say she was having or has had difficulties with her vendors.

She gave me the impression that we should start to see things getting back to some kind of normal."

Last year, information for Match Directors was disseminated through random personal email replies... 
(from those lucky enough to get replies!)
I will do my best to "collect" any and pass them alone here.  
(I will try my best to do so without "commentary"...though occasionally I may not entirely succeed in the latter...)

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Pure and simple, sheer incompetence....if it wasn't, they would have no trouble explaining it and any reasonable person would accept a viable explanation.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Did ANYONE get pins etc. for 2019 Precision Pistol Sectional Empty 2020 Medallions

Post by noalibis.mary Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:16 pm

I actually got Pistol Sectional Medallions in the mail on Saturday!
THESE ARE FOR 2020!
I would not have known that, except by conferring with a NY Match Director who actually talked to Beth on the phone on Jan. 16, and she reportedly told him 2019 Medallions "will be sent directly to the winners once the dispute is resolved." 
!!!!!

noalibis.mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:18 pm

The “ dispute “ was the protest and that was upheld on Jan 10th.
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down