Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition

+10
Ed Hall
Wobbley
valbern67
dieselguy624
DA/SA
Slartybartfast
CR10X
mikemyers
OldShooter
Oleg G
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition - Page 2 Empty The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition

Post by Oleg G 3/19/2019, 4:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Folks,

I recently bought a copy of the original "The Pistol Shooter's Treasury" and decided to scan it for my own use, so I can have the book readily available to me in a digital format.

As I was doing that, a new idea entered my mind: to try and collect articles from freely-available sources into a "New Pistol Shooter's Treasury."

For my own use, I collected the articles listed below into a single book and would like to offer them to our community as a single volume (free, of course).
Before I make this file available, I would like to get permissions from the authors to offer this in an e-book form (PDF) to the members of the forum.

Below is a short Preface I wrote for the book and the table of contents with the names of the authors.

Again - there is nothing new (yet), just various articles I collected from different sources:

PREFACE - by Oleg Grutman
PRECISION PISTOL FUNDAMENTALS - by Brian Zins
So You Wanna Shoot Bullseye? - by Cecil Rhodes
Goal Setting: Training for that Big Match - by Mario Lozoya (from www.bullseyepistol.com)
A Focus on the Fundamentals - by Ron Steinbrecher (from www.bullseyepistol.com)
Bullseye Pistol Basics - by Allen Fulford (from www.bullseyepistol.com)
Fundamentals of Pistol Marksmanship - by Bill Joyner (from www.bullseyepistol.com)
Pistol Shooting: The Art - by Ed Hall

PREFACE

The primary purpose of this book is to continue the work started by Gil Hebard in his original “The Pistol Shooter’s Treasury.” This new edition is intended to collect the wisdom of the current generation of masters in a single volume and make it a living document with a constant flow of updates and new ideas.
The aim of this project is to maintain it as a free resource for the Precision Pistol (Bullseye) community of shooters. The Bullseye-L forum is a phenomenal resource for the on-the-spot advice and exchange of ideas, yet it is not substitute for a book collecting viewpoints and thoughts of our best and most knowledgeable shooters.
This book is intended to provide information on the fundamentals, technique and mental aspects of our sports. The subjects of equipment and reloading receive plenty of attention in the Bullseye-L forum.
It is our intent to solicit new articles from the Bullseye community and continue enriching and expanding this book.

Last edited by Oleg G on 4/2/2019, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition

Post by Ed Hall 4/3/2019, 8:58 am

Thanks for all your work, Oleg.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Pistol Shooter's Treasury - 3rd Edition

Post by PhotoEscape 4/3/2019, 11:34 am

Thank you very much, Oleg! Great Job!
I also want to express gratitude to all contributors and their selfless readiness to share the wealth of accumulated knowledge!!
AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 4/3/2019, 6:31 pm

Oleg: I think your idea and concept is a needed for our sport as many of the "Old Master's" have left us.  However, with that being said I don't want to rain on your parade.  But, have you published or included any copywrited in your materials?  If so you might want to look into the legal ramifications.  I am not attorney but do know that copy writed materials cannot be reproduced without written permission of the author.  I would hate to see someone who is trying to help our sport get into legal problems.  Please don't shoot me I am just trying to help prevent possible legal actions being taken against you and/or even possibly our forum on which this information might be passed.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 4/3/2019, 8:01 pm

Allen,

Thanks for your concern. I understand exactly where you are coming from. I had the same thoughts go through my mind when I started the project. I think that I protected myself and the authors, whose work I used by the following:
1. Openly asking the authors to contact me and let me know, if they wished to have their work removed. Many of the authors did contact me and offered help to edit and/or correct their articles.
2. Some of the articles I took from the Bullseye Encyclopedia website, formerly hosted by the late John Dreyer, and now administered by people on this forum. I am sure that if admins object, they will ask me to remove the articles.
3. I know that this is not a legal protection but I am not making a dime off this project and am doing it only for the benefit of our community.
4. If any authors object to their work being published in this free project, they are welcome to contact me and I will remove their work.

Regards,
Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 9/16/2019, 1:08 pm

Removed

Last edited by Oleg G on 1/20/2021, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 10/10/2019, 8:51 pm

I just started looking the new edition over.  Very impressive.  I started with Area Aiming, and Dave Salyer has explained it in much more detail than the writing he has done in the past.

I'm about to leave on a trip - I wish there was a way to buy this, printed out, so I can read it anywhere.

I prefer paper books to on-line books.  Just me.  I know the world is now electronic, but some things, and preferences, never change.

I hope you find a way to get the book published on paper, as well as on-line.  (In the meantime, what is the best way to save it on my iPhone, so I can read it anywhere?)
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 10/10/2019, 9:34 pm

You can save it to the native iBooks app or download the Adobe Reader app.
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 10/10/2019, 11:19 pm

I put iBooks back on my phone.  I opened the link to the book in Safari.  
This link helped me get the book into iBooks, so I can now read it on my phone, wherever I am.
https://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/23/how-to-save-pdfs-to-ibooks/

First time I have used iBooks.   Thanks!

Does iBooks have a way to "mark" pages I want to come back to?

Just thinking out loud - if I stop thinking about "paper", I can imagine how you could add "pictures" and  "video" to this book.  I see you have some pictures starting around page 90 or so.  Maybe people reading the text could contribute images/video that you could use.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 10/10/2019, 11:21 pm

(I was planning to take The Pistol Shooter's Treasury with me on my trip again.  I think I'll leave it home, and start with page 1 on your book, and read it all the way through).   
Thanks for all the work you've done!

Suggestion - maybe your book can be added to the home page of this forum, up at the top?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by ebinnion 1/19/2021, 5:11 pm

I just wanted to drop by and tell you that this is great!
ebinnion
ebinnion

https://eric.blog

Back to top Go down

Post by gregg28 2/24/2021, 4:39 pm

This sounds like a great project! I am late to the party. Is the PDF still available?
Thanks,
Gregg

gregg28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G 2/24/2021, 6:33 pm

Yes. it is. I am now up to the 5th Edition. Here is the link

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t16689-the-new-pistol-shooter-s-treasury-5th-edition
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by gregg28 2/24/2021, 6:59 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much.

gregg28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2