Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I find the steadiest part of my hold?

3 posters

Go down

How do I find the steadiest part of my hold? Empty How do I find the steadiest part of my hold?

Post by Aprilian 3/28/2019, 4:30 pm

I can't seem to observe my hold changing over the first 5-6 seconds, but can definitely see it deteriorate after that.  If I apply the trigger slowly, and am at 4-5 seconds then the dot moves less on trigger fall.  Earlier and the dot seems less likely to stay still.

Is there a technique I can apply (other than an electronic training aid - which I don't have) to figure out when MY trigger should fall to be in MY optimal hold?
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

How do I find the steadiest part of my hold? Empty Re: How do I find the steadiest part of my hold?

Post by rreid 3/28/2019, 8:15 pm

If the shot breaks too soon it's almost always better than if it breaks too late.  Start pulling the trigger before the dot is even in the aiming area.  If you're seeing the dot jump when the hammer falls, that's a completely different problem
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

How do I find the steadiest part of my hold? Empty Re: How do I find the steadiest part of my hold?

Post by mikemyers 3/30/2019, 6:28 pm

Aprilian wrote:I can't seem to observe my hold changing over the first 5-6 seconds, but can definitely see it deteriorate after that.  If I apply the trigger slowly, and am at 4-5 seconds then the dot moves less on trigger fall.........Is there a technique I can apply (other than an electronic training aid - which I don't have) to figure out when MY trigger should fall to be in MY optimal hold?
Based on what Brian Zins wrote, one shot process for everything, I decided I would shoot everything like rapid fire.  It sounds contradictory to everything I used to believe, but there is no time for "thinking", only for "doing".  This was for shooting at steel discs at 50 yards with a 22.  I found myself doing better, the less time I "thought".  Also, I was doing "area aiming", just trying to get my wobble over an area, which at that distance was the entire steel disc for me

Over three days of practice, I was hearing the "ding" four times out of five, rather than two.  

Like I said, it probably sounds very silly, but results were better,  not worse.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down