Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO? Empty Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO?

Post by slavka001 Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:26 pm

The stock steel weight is too much for bullseye application. I am going to make some lighter weights, most likely ported as I did for prior MG2 version.
Let me know if you need/want one.

slavka001

Back to top Go down

Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO? Empty Re: Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO?

Post by TonyH Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:13 pm

The weight and balance of the MG EVO is as close to perfect as it can be, for me. I think each  person probably will make their own determination in this regard.
BTW, the best trigger I have ever used on any pistol, bar none!!!!!!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO? Empty Re: Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO?

Post by 1joel1 Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:14 pm

I bought the aluminum front for my MG2 (not EVO) from Matchguns. Unless you're making one out of teflon, I don't think it will be much lighter. The aluminum front weight is much, much lighter than the steel one. I have a spare steel one if anyone is interested.

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by slavka001 Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Joel, the purpose of the ported weight is not to make it lighter. I actually made aluminum weight and it is half of MG aluminum.
The point of ported weight is to extend the weight beyond the end of the barrel to improve the stability, and the porting helps with recoil up motion compensation.

slavka001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:44 pm

How do you swap out the front weights?

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 am

Sc0 wrote:How do you swap out the front weights?

Remove the weight/barrel assembly. I believe there is a set screw under the front sight that needs to be removed and then the weight can be replaced. Quite a simple procedure.

Joel

Last edited by 1joel1 on Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Legacy (previous MG2) had optional aluminum barrel shroud. New EVO has steel shroud. On each side of the shroud is a steel (silver matte finish) weight removable by two socket head screws. I removed my barrel weights when mounting Aimpoint 9000 and the balance is good with fast return to center of target.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by slavka001 Fri May 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Now this looks like a winner Wink

Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO? Img_7410
Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO? Img_7411
Anyone need lighter front weight for MatchGuns MG2 EVO? Img_7412

slavka001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down