Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one?

4 posters

Go down

Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one? Empty Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one?

Post by CO1Mtn 4/21/2019, 11:21 am

I was taking a look at the Buckmark .22 this morning. It's the Contour URX model. It has a 9.75" sight radius and it's set up with adjustable iron sights, yet has a rail for scopes also. Looks like a good bullseye rimfire pistol. Some of their models have fiber optic front sights but this one has a plain steel sight. Has anyone here been using one for bullseye?

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one? Empty Re: Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one?

Post by dronning 4/21/2019, 11:41 am

I started shooting Bullseye with a very early bull barrel Buckmark, shot my first clean target with it.  Eventually upgraded to a Nelson conversion.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one? Empty Re: Browning Buckmark .22 - Is anyone shooting one?

Post by CO1Mtn 4/21/2019, 8:30 pm

I'm shooting with a Nelson conversion currently. Do you think the Nelson is superior?

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/21/2019, 9:17 pm

CO1Mtn wrote:I'm shooting with a Nelson conversion currently. Do you think the Nelson is superior?
Yes, #1 reason it is on the 1911 platform, and it is probably more accurate than the Buckmark.
But don't let that stop you from buying the Buckmark if it's a good deal.

- Dave
I never pass on a good deal of a gun I don't have.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by CO1Mtn 4/21/2019, 9:41 pm

Thanks for the info. I'd like to have a more experienced shooter fire my Nelson sometime. I'm just a beginner, and I'd like to see what it's capable of in the hands of an expert. On one of my good days, I can score a 90 on slow fire with it.

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Post by John McCormick 4/22/2019, 10:22 am

Be a little careful about buying a Buckmark made before the year 2000. The slide and firing pin assembly were changed and Browning doesn't make replacements for the older style, though there have been aftermarket sources for firing pins. I eventually bought a post-2000 slide assembly from Browning for my 1990-or-so model to keep it going. They are great shooters.

John McCormick

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 4/23/2019, 8:34 am

I've had several over the years.  They shoot very well. They are good starter guns and are starting to get some aftermarket parts. I made master with mine, them went to a marvel to better mimic the 45. Keep the two sight rail screws tight. That's the only issue I see with them

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down