Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter

+2
Kp321
PacFltShooter
6 posters

Go down

Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter Empty Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter

Post by PacFltShooter Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:39 pm

I want to try out a red dot sight on my Buckmark Hunter.  I need some recommendations as to which is best.  Sight has to be weaver mount capable and fit the browning's rail without modificaion.  Ultradot has a lot of models and I also like the Sightron.  If any of you folks have a buckmark hunter set up with a dot sight I would appreciate  your thoughts.
Thanks,
Ralph
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter Empty Re: Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter

Post by Kp321 Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:47 am

I have set up a couple of Buckmarks for customers, one with a Cmore railway and another with a Burris Fast Fire III, both work very well. If you are not sure about whether you will like a red dot, why not go with a cheaper model?  No recoil to tend with. There are mini reflex sights like the Fast Fires available for $100 or less that will let you know if you will like it.

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter Empty Re: Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter

Post by Dcforman Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:33 am

Most Bullseye shooters prefer tube dots. For an inexpensive option for a 22, I've had luck with the Sig Romeo5. No experience with Buckmarks, though.

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by PacFltShooter Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:43 am

Thanks for the reply. I had thought of the reflex sights but wasn’t sure how they mounted. What are some of the cheaper models you reference?
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by PacFltShooter Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:59 am

Thanks for the recommendation dcfornan. Sig says the Romeo has a picatinny mount. Will that work with a weaver rail?
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:03 am

Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter 20190312
Sightron....little tiny groups
LenV
LenV

PacFltShooter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PacFltShooter Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:39 am

I like that LenV! What type rings are you using? Did they bolt up to the browning rail without modification? Those are Nill grips, yes?
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:18 am

Yes, Nill grips. The Browning rail will take any rings that fit a Weaver rail. The only rings that I've seen that won't fit are marked for picatinny rails. The cross bolt/s are too big.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by PacFltShooter Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:57 am

Len, what rings do you have on your pistol in the picture?
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:09 pm

I don't know. They don't say on rings. Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter 20190313
aluminum, not expensive
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by ric1911a1 Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:16 pm

Holosun makes reasonably priced red dots also. I have several and they work well............

I put one on the slide of a 1911 .38 Special, and it has held up for over 1,000 rounds so far.

Ric
ric1911a1
ric1911a1

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:28 pm

Simmons ,  Vortex ,  Redfield  and Leupold My usual  suspects.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:43 pm

PacFltShooter wrote:Thanks for the recommendation dcfornan.  Sig says the Romeo has a picatinny mount.  Will that work with a weaver rail?
MOST Picatinny mounts are compatible with (at least some) Weaver mounts.  The main difference is the grooves  across the base for the cross bolt to ride in on the Weave mounts.  On weaver mounts these are sometimes undersized and Pic-rail mounts sometimes don’t work.  Not to worry, EGW make Pic-Rails in many Weaver-base styles.  These ARE fully compatible with all PIc-mounts.  It may take a bit of digging because pistol weaver mounts were sometimes for other gun.  The Browning Rail is set up for Weaver rings and if your Pic mount cross bolt is too thick for the groove, a few strokes with a square file will allow it to work.

Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter 565a2710
Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter 23db1b10
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Dan Webb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PacFltShooter Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:28 pm

Wobbly, to tell the truth I would just as soon use the pic rails but the gun has the rail it has and I don’t really want to change or modify it. I did see on the Browning web site what looks like pic rails on the new hunter models.😁
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by PacFltShooter Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:33 pm

LenV wrote:I don't know. They don't say on rings. Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter 20190313
aluminum, not expensive
Thanks Len.  Love your setup.
PacFltShooter
PacFltShooter

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:39 pm

10 shots @25 yds. One outlier. There always is . Red dot for Browning Buckmark Hunter 20181212
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down