Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches?

4 posters

Go down

Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches? Empty Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches?

Post by Slartybartfast 4/24/2019, 1:29 pm

I'm in Montreal Quebec. Closest Canadian matches are all a couple of hours away, so that puts Upstate NY and VT in the same range.
Any regular or annual matches in those areas?

For Vermont, www.vsrpa.org has nothing since 2017 and contacting their secretary resulted in checking https://www.vtfsc.com/ where only IPSC and IDPA events are on the calendar.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches? Empty Re: Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches?

Post by desben 4/24/2019, 2:24 pm

http://longlakefishgame.com/llbbac/LLBBAC.html  -- about 3 hours from Montreal. You'd get to meet Ed Hall (that's worth the trip)

The other Ed just sent out the match bulletin for the Don Moore Memorial Pistol Matches, to be held in Smiths Falls outside of Ottawa, on May 18th-19th. I can forward the match bulletin if you haven't received it. I'm leaving on a trip later that day, but I may be able to squeeze in the 1800 from 9 to 12.
desben
desben

Back to top Go down

Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches? Empty Re: Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches?

Post by Slartybartfast 4/24/2019, 2:28 pm

desben wrote:http://longlakefishgame.com/llbbac/LLBBAC.html  -- about 3 hours from Montreal. You'd get to meet Ed Hall (that's worth the trip)

The other Ed just sent out the match bulletin for the Don Moore Memorial Pistol Matches, to be held in Smiths Falls outside of Ottawa, on May 18th-19th. I can forward the match bulletin if you haven't received it. I'm leaving on a trip later that day, but I may be able to squeeze in the 1800 from 9 to 12.
Thanks! I received the Don Moore Memorial Pistol Matches bulletin. I plan on attending again this year and participating in every event that has room for me.
While I should borrow Ed's Hammerli again for CF Sport pistol as it did garner me third place, I'm planning on making things difficult for myself and trying my hand with my Chiappa Rhino revolver.
I fully expect my results to be less than stellar, but plan to enjoy myself.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by KB2MBC 4/24/2019, 5:59 pm

VSRPA typically have 3 2700 matches, one coming up this weekend.
My favorite is their state match held on Memorial Day weekend, last weekend in May.
Last match they have is in September.
Matches are held at the Camp Ethan Allen Training Site in Jericho, VT
The do have lodging there on base, really inexpensive too.
KB2MBC
KB2MBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 4/25/2019, 9:06 am

KB2MBC wrote:VSRPA typically have 3 2700 matches, one coming up this weekend.
My favorite is their state match held on Memorial Day weekend, last weekend in May.
Last match they have is in September.
Matches are held at the Camp Ethan Allen Training Site in Jericho, VT
The do have lodging there on base, really inexpensive too.
Found that out yesterday.
It's a shame that they have two very extensive websites and neither is up-to-date with bullseye information.
The division in responsibilities between VSRPA and VTFSC is confusingly mixed.
Can't be too hard on the volunteers that make matches possible but lack of (or inefficient) communication from local, to state/province, to national level all seem to be at the core of difficulties in getting higher participation IMO.

I'm considering travelling down to CEATS on either Saturday or Sunday as a spectator. The May event is too close to obtain Homeland Security authorisation for pistols. So I'll see about starting the paperwork for the match in September. Then I can hopefully travel down on the Saturday, stay at the base, and shoot Sunday.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches? Empty VT Pistol Matches

Post by Landry260 4/26/2019, 8:13 pm

Steve Kirby runs the pistol matches (kirorc@gmavt.net) he can give you all the info about them.
There are also the CMP's New England traveling games, held at Camp Ethan Allen in Sept. They have pistol and rifle matches. Check the web sight for info an 
what pistols and rifles you can use in them. www.cmp.org. 
www.vsrpa.org is run by one of the rifle shooters he also runs alot of there matches.
You will need to show a  photo ID to the gate guard and tell them you are going to the pistol match on range 5-1.
Stephen Landry  Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches? 1883569342

Landry260

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast 4/29/2019, 9:29 am

Landry260 wrote:Steve Kirby runs the pistol matches (kirorc@gmavt.net) he can give you all the info about them.
There are also the CMP's New England traveling games, held at Camp Ethan Allen in Sept. They have pistol and rifle matches. Check the web sight for info an 
what pistols and rifles you can use in them. www.cmp.org. 
www.vsrpa.org is run by one of the rifle shooters he also runs alot of there matches.
You will need to show a  photo ID to the gate guard and tell them you are going to the pistol match on range 5-1.
Stephen Landry  Upstate NY or Vermont Bullseye Matches? 1883569342
Thanks,
I actually made the trip down to Camp Ethan Allen Training Site this past Saturday to watch the match that was held this weekend.
Superbly run match at a wonderful range.
Just need to be in contact with the Match Director to know when the matches are.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down