Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibly SEVERELY leaded Model 41 barrel

+16
WesG
Domino1
messenger
Mike38
sharkdoctor
fc60
Wobbley
bruce martindale
dronning
CR10X
mikemyers
STEVE SAMELAK
JKR
james r chapman
Outthere
xman
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possibly SEVERELY leaded Model 41 barrel - Page 2 Empty Possibly SEVERELY leaded Model 41 barrel

Post by xman 4/28/2019, 12:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Well the deal I got on the Mod 41 might not be such a great deal after all.The rifling is very light to see straight thru the barrel.

Minds greater than mine propose that it is SEVERELY leaded. I come from the smallbore rifle and HP world where cleaning was an absolute must.

I finally shot the darn pistol, standing, one handed at 10 yards. I got a groups of 5 shots 5" x 3" and no better.

Sooooo I can get the barrel relined (8weeks and $345)
Buy a new barrel assembly from gunbroker.com $312 and maybe some smith work to match up the upper and lower.
Get a new barrel from Bullseyegear.com for $330 and some smith work maybe
or I can scrub the daylights out of the barrel with bronze brush with oil or some other recommended concoction from this forum.

Any suggestions on using the bronze brush and ???? as a lubricant.

I have a pistol to shoot, just want to see what I can do with straight irons with the Mod. 41
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Possibly SEVERELY leaded Model 41 barrel - Page 2 Empty Re: Possibly SEVERELY leaded Model 41 barrel

Post by Wobbley 5/12/2019, 9:19 pm

Get a borescope and have a look see. Only way to tell.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/266555/lyman-borecam-20-digital-borescope-with-monitor
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2