Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please give me your opinion on these two pistols.

+8
jglenn21
DA/SA
Jack H
Ray Dash
LenV
james r chapman
David R
CO1Mtn
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please give me your opinion on these two pistols. - Page 2 Empty Please give me your opinion on these two pistols.

Post by CO1Mtn 5/11/2019, 8:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Contour pistol w/ 7-1/4" bbl

I am thinking about buying a new rimfire competition pistol. I do not know for sure if I want a Hammerli Xesse or Browning Buckmark. The Buckmark looks good but I noticed it does not have an overtravel screw in the trigger, so I would have to install an aftermarket trigger with a set screw in it. The Xesse comes with an overtravel screw installed. the xesse is made in Germany and the Buckmark is made in the USA. Which do you think would be better for CMP? Maybe the Exesse would be more accurate, from what I hear.

This link above here is the Buckmark pistol I am looking at. MSRP is $560 but if I install an aftermarket trigger that brings it to $600. The Hammerli would be more expensive but may be more accurate? I don't know. I want a good accurate rimfire pistol that I can compete with for years and years. But I don't want to spend $2500. I want to keep it under $1000.

Last edited by CO1Mtn on 5/11/2019, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Please give me your opinion on these two pistols. - Page 2 Empty Re: Please give me your opinion on these two pistols.

Post by CO1Mtn 6/12/2019, 9:31 pm

I just shot my best target ever tonight. Here it is. An 88 slow fire target. I used CCI standard velocity ammo.
Please give me your opinion on these two pistols. - Page 2 88

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Please give me your opinion on these two pistols. - Page 2 Empty Re: Please give me your opinion on these two pistols.

Post by jmdavis 6/13/2019, 10:29 am

A conversion can certainly shoot well. I just put a new Rink grip on my Pardini after having shot only a Conversion for over a year. The first NMC out was a 291-13. After that I rezeroed the conversion, and shot my only short line cleans of the night.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2