Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windage not workng?

3 posters

Go down

Windage not workng? Empty Windage not workng?

Post by xman Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Is there any difference between the two? Barrels I see on the web "feature" Kang sights, so what the difference..if any.

My "new to me " 41 that had the possible leaded barrel ( no lead was seen using the "chore boy method) It did make the barrel real  shiny and mirror like though.

Shooting it today still leaves me some doubts about the barrel.

What I did discover that no matter how much left I put on the sights (OEM SW 41) the impacts did not seem to move any, all hits were to the right. I cannot see any shift in the rear sight blade what with all the left I have put on it.

If I put the same number of left clicks on my air pistol the rear sight blade would shift very far to the left.

Are the clicks for windage so fine the I have a lot more to go till the impacts move?

I was shooting at 30 and 50m the results were consistent.Mind you I an only a BE Marksman right now and my SF is dismal. my TF and RF are improving...but with a different gun with a dot.

Last edited by xman on Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Windage not workng? Empty Re: Windage not workng?

Post by mustachio Sat May 18, 2019 10:44 am

I might re-evaluate your grip. You may be gripping too hard. 
I have a 41 with Keng sights and it is perfectly adjusted, even though I use a red dot sight. You will get other opinions from the other members.
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 pm

mustachio wrote:I might re-evaluate your grip. You may be gripping too hard. 
I have a 41 with Keng sights and it is perfectly adjusted, even though I use a red dot sight. You will get other opinions from the other members.

I was shooting 2 handed with elbows on a tall bench, my grip was fine as was my sight picture. And I kept putting left clicks for over 60 rounds in 5 shot intervals with no change of impact.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by mustachio Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Could your screw be stripped?  Have another shooter try it, just to see how he/she shoots.
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV Sat May 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Screw must be stripped. You can see them move when cranking on them.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by xman Sat May 18, 2019 10:09 pm

LenV wrote:Screw must be stripped. You can see them move when cranking on them.
When you say "them" do you mean the rear sight blade should be moving? Also I did look on the opposite side of the sight when was adding left clicks. The "notched" nut moved around with the slotted sight adjustment screw.
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

Post by mustachio Sun May 19, 2019 9:38 am

that nut probably should not be moving. If it were "set" or fixed the screw would move into or out of that nut, causing the sight blade to move. The screw and nut are just spinning offers more proof it may be stripped. you can buy parts on Numrich Arms (aka Gun Parts Corp) or from S&W. I believe a whole new rear sight is about $150.00.

In this picture, you are saying that the round, slotted piece is spinning when you turn the screw, correct. I will check mine and see if it moves, but I will guess not.
https://imgur.com/gq5P4Nf
mustachio
mustachio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down