Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!!

+2
james r chapman
mikemyers
6 posters

Go down

Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!! Empty Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!!

Post by mikemyers Mon May 20, 2019 7:56 am

Not sure what happened yesterday, or if it was only at my end or for everyone, but starting in mid-afternoon, the forum disappeared and instead I got to see this:

Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!! Screen49

Then things worked, for a while, but suddenly every time I tried to access the forum, I was taken to https://www.forumotion.com - when I fell asleep, this was all I could get to, when I tried links that should have gone to the forum.

Not sure what happened, but THANK YOU to whoever was involved in fixing this!!!!!

........and while I never usually think about it, I realized yesterday and last night how big a part of my life this forum has become.  Another huge THANK YOU to whoever keeps this thing running smoothly.  I know from the past how much work that involves.  It's all to easy to just "take it for granted", the same way we just know that the sun will be coming up at the right time.  It becomes a big part of our lives, and is sorely missed when I can't access it!!!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!! Empty Re: Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!!

Post by james r chapman Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

Founder answered on Facebook
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!! Empty Re: Forum problems on Sunday, May 19, 2019, and a THANK YOU for fixing them!!

Post by mikemyers Mon May 20, 2019 9:35 am

I guess I won't get to see it - I refuse to use the facebook stuff.  
Thanks though, I guess I now know it wasn't only me and/or my computer.
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Mon May 20, 2019 10:13 am

What is Facebook? Social media is your enemy....
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon May 20, 2019 11:13 am

I'm a big tent guy so I'm not opposed to using Facebook to reach competitors--especially when this platform is having a problem!

Something went wrong with phpBB/Forummotion's servers last night. I'm glad it wasn't too serious and it looks like everything is back to normal!
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 pm

I too got the same screen as Mike. 
Thanks for fixing it Rob.

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Mon May 20, 2019 3:37 pm

TonyH wrote:What is Facebook? Social media is your enemy....
On the one hand, I couldn't agree more - it's addicting, like a drug, and once you're hooked, they hold onto you.

........on the other hand, maybe I'm "addicted" to this forum.  I don't mind when I can't use it, because I'm maybe traveling, but checking in here is now part of my daily routine, because it provides so much help for what I want to be doing.  Maybe I'm really just addicted to Bullseye Shooting, and this forum is so much a part of that.  

Rob, thank you so much for all the work you to to keep it running smoothly!
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Black_Talon Tue May 21, 2019 8:23 pm

How do you find the Facebook page referenced above? I'm not a Facebooker......
Black_Talon
Black_Talon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down