Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do I find my NRA competitor number?

+7
CR10X
Wobbley
STEVE SAMELAK
WesG
dronning
james r chapman
Slartybartfast
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where do I find my NRA competitor number? Empty Where do I find my NRA competitor number?

Post by Slartybartfast Mon May 27, 2019 10:49 am

Match director said I should have a 5 digit number as an NRA competitor number.
I signed up online and can't find this number anywhere in my online profile.

Only identifier seems to be "Login ID".
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Where do I find my NRA competitor number? Empty Re: Where do I find my NRA competitor number?

Post by james r chapman Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 am

NRA competitor # is NRA id#
Maybe he’s thinking CMP? That’s 6 also
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Where do I find my NRA competitor number? Empty Re: Where do I find my NRA competitor number?

Post by dronning Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 am

Competitor numbers:
My NRA # is 9 digits
My CMP is 6
My USA Shooting is 7

I'm sure they could be shorter if you joined >20 years ago.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Mon May 27, 2019 11:25 am

dronning wrote:Competitor numbers:
My NRA # is 9 digits
My CMP is 6
My USA Shooting is 7

Okay, probably my recollection that got the number of digits wrong.

Is the NRA number given when you sign up using https://competitor.nra.org/ or do you have to get an NRA membership?
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Mon May 27, 2019 11:45 am

Slartybartfast wrote:
dronning wrote:Competitor numbers:
My NRA # is 9 digits
My CMP is 6
My USA Shooting is 7

Okay, probably my recollection that got the number of digits wrong.

Is the NRA number given when you sign up using https://competitor.nra.org/ or do you have to get an NRA membership?
I think my NRA number is my NRA ID (Lifetime), not sure about just a competitor #
CMP don't remember when/how I got it.
USA Shooting was given when I got a membership.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG Mon May 27, 2019 12:03 pm

NRA, >40 years ago (yikes), was alphanumeric. Could probably still pull that out of my head, but I always have to pull out my card for the new one.

You don't need to be an NRA member to compete, just request a competitor ID.

CMP just assigned me one at some point, years after getting my DR badge. I shot a lot of matches leaving it blank, as I had no clue.

Edit:

FFA7465B ... whenever I get around to unpacking boxes, I might find an old card to see if I'm correct :-)

Last edited by WesG on Mon May 27, 2019 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Mon May 27, 2019 12:10 pm

WesG wrote:NRA, >40 years ago (yikes), was alphanumeric. Could probably still pull that out of my head,  but I always have to pull out my card for the new one.

You don't need to be an NRA member to compete, just request a competitor ID.

CMP just assigned me one at some point,  years after getting my DR badge. I shot a lot of matches leaving it blank, as I had no clue.
Guess I'll have to write/call the NRA and ask what my competitor ID is.
CMP was straight forward. As soon as I was registered on their website, my profile clearly showed my competitor ID.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Mon May 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Do you have any NRA mags or mailings.  Your competitor ID is on the mailing label.

- Dave

EXAMPLE:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/mags/memberid.asp
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Mon May 27, 2019 4:41 pm

It’s also on your membership card
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK Mon May 27, 2019 11:15 pm

How & why would a Canadian have a NRA membership?  I thought that the NRA was an American entity.....but I am often wrong in my assumptions.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 am

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:How & why would a Canadian have a NRA membership?  I thought that the NRA was an American entity.....but I am often wrong in my assumptions.

The NRA accepts foreign members. I used to know several Canadians and a few Brits who were members. Ant the Brits have their own NRA which predates ours by 11 years.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Tue May 28, 2019 1:14 am

james r chapman wrote:It’s also on your membership card
I'm not a member. I signed uo online through their competitor webpage.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 am

You might want to become one. Some competitions are only open to members.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Tue May 28, 2019 11:39 am

Wobbley wrote:You might want to become one.  Some competitions are only open to members.  
I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
For the closest matches I only need a competitor number. And that's a 2 hour drive south.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Tue May 28, 2019 5:22 pm

This is how it has been in the past.  Things may have changed, but:

You will only get a "competitor number" from the NRA issued for the National Championship (Pistol, Rifle, etc.).  Generally, 4 digits and cross references against your NRA number for that tournament. That number will (at least has) changed each year depending on your classification and when you register for the match.  You will get a NRA Number when you join the NRA (annual, 5 year, etc.). I do not know if they have started issuing NRA Numbers for non-member match competitors yet. 

To submit your scores to the NRA the Match Director only needs your name and address, but make sure its exactly the same every time.  You do not have to be a member to have scores submitted for classification. How Match Directors can look up and verify classifications on line for non NRA members has not been explained to me yet.  

The CMP does issue you a "competitor number" and it will be maintained (at lease has been so far) consistently as long as you compete in CMP matches (and you use exactly the same name, etc.).  You probably need to write that on down after getting match results from a CMP Games or National Matches results or when registering for CMP match(es). 

So, you probably need to find out exactly what he wants and why.

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Tue May 28, 2019 5:39 pm

CR10X wrote:You probably need to write that on down after getting match results from a CMP Games or National Matches results or when registering for CMP match(es). 
The CMP number is easy to get. Just go to their website, select "Competition Tracker", log in, and it's right there at the top right of every page while you're logged in. "Welcome Bob Smith, Comp #123456
https://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php

The NRA? Nothing. Just your Login ID. Doesn't even display you name that you needed to enter to register. 
https://competitor.nra.org/
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Tue May 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Have you ever registered on the portal?
If not click on the link you gave.
Then don't enter anything else just "Click here to register."
Then on the next screen answer "NO" and follow the instructions to set up an account

If you have a logon ID and don't have your password then ask for a new one.  That should get you into your account info and you should be able to retrieve your number.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Wed May 29, 2019 10:34 am

dronning wrote:Have you ever registered on the portal?
Then on the next screen answer "NO" and follow the instructions to set up an account

If you have a logon ID and don't have your password then ask for a new one.  That should get you into your account info and you should be able to retrieve your number.
I guess I'm not being clear enough.
YES, I've registered with the NRA.
NO, once registered you don't even get to see what Name you've entered. I've found absolutely no link to competitor information or competitor number.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Where do I find my NRA competitor number? Empty competitor id - here's who to ask

Post by noalibis.mary Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 am

After a competitor (who is not an NRA member) has fired at least 360 shots in registered or approved matches, he will be sent a classification card with his competitor ID, which is a long number that starts with 101000.........

There is no way (as of now) for a new non-NRA member competitor to look this up anywhere (that I am aware of)
BUT the good news is that you can email Shelly at MKramer@nrahq.org and she can let you know what it is!
(Shelly is WONDERFUL!!!)

noalibis.mary

https://www.NJPistol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis Wed May 29, 2019 11:43 am

noalibis.mary wrote:BUT the good news is that you can email Shelly at MKramer@nrahq.org and she can let you know what it is!
(Shelly is WONDERFUL!!!)

Yes, she is. She is very helpful to match directors and competitors.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning Wed May 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:
dronning wrote:Have you ever registered on the portal?

I guess I'm not being clear enough.
YES, I've registered with the NRA. 
NO, once registered you don't even get to see what Name you've entered. I've found absolutely no link to competitor information or competitor number.
Just so we are on the same page.  NRA registration getting a Competitor # and Dashboard Registration are 2 separate things, the link you gave is to sign up for the Dashboard.  
When you register for the Dashboard you will select your logon/user ID (don't forget it because you can't recover it without calling CS) and password (which you can recover).  When you sign up I believe you will be asked for you competitor number so your activity is linked to the Dashboard.
Competitive Shooting Dash Board
Where do I find my NRA competitor number? Cd10
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Wed May 29, 2019 1:38 pm

Well, I'll email Shelly and see if there's anything more I can provide the match director for the 2700 I just shot.

The NRA websites sure don't seem to be the easiest to navigate and find information.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Morgan Thu May 30, 2019 3:39 am

Slartybartfast wrote:Well, I'll email Shelly and see if there's anything more I can provide the match director for the 2700 I just shot.

The NRA websites sure don't seem to be the easiest to navigate and find information.

They aren't easy to navigate for natives, let alone those from the North.

That said, I'm only just now catching events from April in which I shot; that you think results are immediate... well, good luck with that. Scores follow about 2-3 months after, depending on season.

Joe Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slartybartfast Thu May 30, 2019 9:24 am

Joe Morgan wrote:

that you think results are immediate... well, good luck with that.
No, I don't think results are immediate. I'm trying to get the information to the match director for him to send my results to the NRA, not get the NRA to show results.
Slartybartfast
Slartybartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Thu May 30, 2019 11:01 am

Once again, the match director does not need a number to send in your scores on the SR1 for a NRA sanctioned match, Approved or Registered. That requirement in no longer in use. Simply use you name and address on the SR1 report and the NRA will take care of the rest. That's all he needs to do.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next