Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini Sp trigger adjustment

+2
CrankyThunder
Uppsala45acp
6 posters

Go down

Pardini Sp trigger adjustment Empty Pardini Sp trigger adjustment

Post by Uppsala45acp 8/3/2019, 7:51 am

Hi.
I recently bought a sp22, 2017 make.
I'm now going to set my trigger in my likings and i now wonder in what order do you set trigger pull weight?
Do you first set 1st stage or 2nd stage?
I want around 70% at first stage, and 30% at 2nd stage.

I'm thinking i go for 2nd stage first to about 300grams, and then adjust 1st stage up to around 1050grams. I'm i doing it correctly?

Hope you understand what i mean. A bit hard to explain since english is not my main language.

Uppsala45acp

Back to top Go down

Pardini Sp trigger adjustment Empty Re: Pardini Sp trigger adjustment

Post by CrankyThunder 8/3/2019, 8:21 am

Good Morning Uppsala:

While English is not your primary language, I think that I can help you out.  Head on over to the pardiniusa website.  they have the owners manual that you can download which has a detailed description of what each of the adjustment screws do.  The manual is a good place to start, not the best, not too bad, but with a little patience you will get your trigger adjusted pretty good.  

Next, you should check out the pardiniusa youtube videos that are available on the web.  they have one that has instructions how to get the trigger back to the original settings.

Lastly, I can scan my pardini manual and send it to you, send me a pm with your email address and I will be happy to scan it and send it.  Please note that it will be a couple days before I get to a scanning machine but I will get it to you.  My manual is in a number of different languages, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish if I remember correctly. Probably best to go right to the manual if one of these is your native language because the translation to English is not the best.  

Regards, 
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppsala45acp 8/3/2019, 8:28 am

Hi. Thank you for answer. However,,, i got a manual over the screws etc. Think i got it covered. But,, i wonder in what order you set the overall trigger pull weight.
Du you set 1st stage first and then adjust 2nd stage to ypur liking?

Hope you understand Wink

Been searching for that YT video but can't find it.
Is this their YT channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwyiE2mqOBFJjfquGKl9H7A/videos

Uppsala45acp

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 8/3/2019, 8:37 am

Pardini Sp trigger adjustment 2019-010

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppsala45acp 8/3/2019, 8:40 am

Yes. That's the one i have.
But i don't have any info about in what order i make the adjustments (1st stage, 2nd stage).

Maybe i'm completely off track how itś done, but since there are 2 stage trigger i assume one or the other (stage) must be set prior to the other one?

Uppsala45acp

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 8/3/2019, 8:43 am

The author recommends doing the adjustments in the order of the timeline. Original info here: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=19268

Good Luck

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 8/3/2019, 8:53 am

mspingeld wrote:The author recommends doing the adjustments in the order of the timeline. Original info here: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=19268

Good Luck
Read the whole thread there is additional info a few posts down by David M that is helpful.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppsala45acp 8/3/2019, 9:30 am

Thanks!
If i understand correctly i should first set 1st stage,,, lets say at 750, then 2nd stage att 300 to get 1050 overall trigger pull weight.

In the post made by David M,,, "After setting the correct sear engagement (this will set total trigger travel with full sear engagement)". Any tips on how to do this?  With screw "CP" but how do i determine when i have correct sear engagment?

Uppsala45acp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 8/3/2019, 10:48 am

Best notes on adjustment of Pardini SP trigger are by Nygord. Follow them carefully along with pictures you already have and you will quickly understand what each setting / screw does. 

http://www.australiancynic.com/NYGORD.htm#_Adjusting_Pardini_SP/HP

2nd stage is induced manually by CS and PS screws. It doesn't even need to be there, you will have continuous rolling trigger if you unscrew CS so it does not engage. So you are right, make perfect one stage settings and then bring in 2nd stage to length (CS) and weight (PS) that you desire. 

CP will determine length of sear engagement, or other ways to describe it - creep or roll - how long sear stays engaged. You will feel either a crisp let off on one far end of setting, or a long creepy pull on other end.  Depending on your style of shooting you probably want to be somewhere in between.  Again, Nygord describes this setting pretty well.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/3/2019, 12:56 pm

Tripscape - thank you so much. And also thanks to everyone else contributing to this thread.

Just the details that I've been wanting. Excellent!

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 8/4/2019, 5:28 am

If you adjust CS, you should only load 2 rounds in a magazine when you next live fire.  If you mis-adjust sear engagement you can get doubling or full auto. Verify proper function safely!
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down