Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

+6
James Hensler
tray999
zanemoseley
Lightfoot
gregbenner
ssauer2004
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye - Page 2 Empty Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

Post by ssauer2004 8/22/2019, 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm thinking about switching from my Walther GSP (90's) to a Pardini Bullseye.  I shoot in a 50' indoor bullseye league and generally can produce high 260's to mid 270's scores.  While I enjoy the Walther, I find it two be slightly nose-heavy and a little too much recoil.  I do like the fact that it eats any ammo.  I'm looking for opinions from shooters who have made the jump from these pistols.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye - Page 2 Empty Re: Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

Post by gregbenner 8/30/2019, 9:58 am

James Hensler wrote:2 honest reasons 
At this point in time I have the 32 ACP shooting a lot tighter groups than the 32 S&W long and it’s by a large margin. 
My Hammerli is in perfect condition with no chips or scratches. It was made in 1992 and with Larry’s death I am afraid to break anything
Excellent reasons!  I seem to remember hearing from a source I trust that the 280 32long had some type of reputation as a bit inconsistent by the Army Marksmanship shooters (?). I haven’t tested mine in my RR and don’t shoot at 50 y enough to have noticed.  The parts issue is definitely a concern for any of the out of production Hammerli’s, of which I have several. I actually think I like the trigger on the 280 a bit more than the Pardini, although the Pardini ergonomics suit me better.  Thx for your reply.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye - Page 2 Empty Re: Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye

Post by Guest 8/30/2019, 10:06 am

Carykiteboarder - very interesting. I had 0deg Rink grips on my GSP's (now sold/selling) and purposely chose 7deg Rink grips for my Pardini's thinking that they made the grip more "upright". Live and learn!

Can't say that I really notice any difference in alignment between the 0 and the 7, but they both fit me much better than the OEM Pardini grips.

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 8/30/2019, 3:06 pm

radjag wrote:Carykiteboarder - very interesting. I had 0deg Rink grips on my GSP's (now sold/selling) and purposely chose 7deg Rink grips for my Pardini's thinking that they made the grip more "upright". Live and learn!

Can't say that I really notice any difference in alignment between the 0 and the 7, but they both fit me much better than the OEM Pardini grips.
Yes.  I posted to help other readers NOT assume it has to do with vertical grip angle.  Choosing "steep" version gives about 5 degrees of more upright (vertical) grip angle.

For clarity, a 7-degree right-handed Rink grip will have the barrel/sight axis rotated 7 degrees clockwise (looking at the top) compared to the 0-degree version.
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/30/2019, 3:54 pm

carykiteboarder wrote:The 7-degree vs 0=degree choice on a Rink grip is typically for cross-eye dominant shooters.  The 7-degree version is intended to have the barrel/sights aligned with the opposite eye from the hand holding the pistol.  (i.e. Left eye for right handed shooter; Right eye for a left handed shooter.)  As always, what ever works for you...
I’m not cross dominant, but realized with orthopedic grips my natural point of was always slightly off.  When I discussed this with Thomas Rink he suggested I try the 7 degree offset grips, which work perfect for me. He was nice enough to actually exchange ones I had just purchased for no charge.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/30/2019, 4:26 pm

Karen said it was for smaller hands. First I have ever hear of this! I am not cross eyed and have never had a problem lining up the metallic or red dot sights
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunker 8/30/2019, 7:31 pm

I hate to highjack,  but interested in Rink grips for anew SP BE 5" and was considering 7 degree- normal due to shorter fingers.  Further thoughts by those shooting 7 degree rink?

Plunker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 8/30/2019, 7:55 pm

I've handled most all of Greg's pistols which have the 7 degree Rink grip. I personally wouldn't hesitate to go with the 7 degree angle. Most euro grips leave a space between left side of heel and my hand. The 7 degree angle fills that gap in. Makes the grips feel more natural and easier to get a consistent grip.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/30/2019, 8:05 pm

I agree with Jon. The only question you need to answer is size. The first grip that turned me on to Rink was already on a GSP32 I bought. It is MRB0. I have medium hands with shortish fingers, but I had to wind the palm shelf way down, which leaves a gap between bottom of grip n shelf which I now realize is wrong. Kinda by good mistake Karen sent me a LRB7 for my Pardini 22. That actually is correct size n feels good, no gap. Repeat order for my 32ACP and now for my MG2.

If you order direct from Rink there is measuring thing on their site. N don't forget to add the Bullseye upswept palm shelf option. I forget then had to pay extra + shipping! My fault!

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/31/2019, 7:19 am

Walther GSP vs. Pardini Bullseye - Page 2 8f5b8510
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/31/2019, 7:20 am

I have bought several Rink Grips over the years and I sent a email to Thomas Rink and here is his reply. So everyone is right!!lol
Short fingers and different eyes
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 8/31/2019, 12:35 pm

He clearly knows his stuff: Carpenter and high master level bullseye shooter.

Our man in charge: 
After finishing school Thomas Rink completed an apprenticeship as a carpenter. Thereafter he committed himself to the German armed forces for twelve years, during which he served in the armored infantry, the paratroopers division and the “Sportgruppe Heer” (German Armed Forces sports supporting group / division firearms). 

During his time on the army athletic team, he took part in in two military-world championships and various country tournaments, firing large caliber sport pistols. During this time, he also served as instructor to the German Armed Forces sports supporting group, for pistol disciplines. 

After finishing his period of service he passed a pursuing education as wood technician. Topic of his thesis was: “Production of custom grips for sport pistols with usage of CNC manufacturing systems”. This paved the way for founding the company “Rink-Formgriffe”. 

His sporting career began 1983 by winning the German Junior Championship with the free pistol. Afterwards he was appointed for the national team of the DSB. Except for one break, he was an active member of the national team until 1994, where he took part in various World and European Championships, as well as World Cups. 
Among his greatest athletic achievements, we can mention 2nd place in the German National Championship of 1993 with the free pistol, as well as winning the German National Champion title with the sporting pistol in the years 2004, 2007, 2009 and 2010 for his home athletic club Schützencorps Klein-Altenstädten. 
From 2005 till 2013 he has additionally been competing for his second club SV Kriftel in the National League with the air pistol. With them he became German Team Champion in 2013. 
With the SG Butzbach he won 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2018 team gold with the Centerfire-/ Sport Pistol. 
2013 he reached with 585 points a new Hessian State Record with the Center Fire Pistol and he is German National Champion in Air Pistol senior class. 
2014 he has won Gold and Silver with Sportpistol and Center Fire Pistol at the German Championchips. 
Double victory in 2015 and 2017: At the German Championchips he has won in both years 2x Gold in Senior Class with the disciplines Sport Pistol and Center Fire Pistol.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 8/31/2019, 1:06 pm

Thomas said he was at the  German National Championship this weekend
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 9/1/2019, 11:22 am

Plunker wrote:I hate to highjack,  but interested in Rink grips for anew SP BE 5" and was considering 7 degree- normal due to shorter fingers.  Further thoughts by those shooting 7 degree rink?
I'm a lefty that uses a 7 degree Rink on my Pardini.  I have short fingers too.  I noticed when I raised the gun naturally with a 0 degree grip, my dot was always off toward the right side of the scope.  With the 7 degree, it's about centered.  I might be selling my medium 0 degree grip in the near future.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 9/1/2019, 11:39 am

I never really thought about that specifically, but I suspect I also have shorter fingers since I have short triggers on my 1911 guns, and even with medium grips I adjust the trigger rather close on the gun’s with adjustable length triggers.  Too bad this last hijacked part of this thread isn’t a separate one. Perhaps others could benefit.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/1/2019, 11:43 am

Greg. I had the same thought. We need a Rink specific thread. Maybe as a sticky. I will try to cut past stuff when home next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2