Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walther gsp expert vs pardini

+3
James Hensler
gregbenner
smsnyder
7 posters

Go down

Walther gsp expert  vs pardini  Empty Walther gsp expert vs pardini

Post by smsnyder 12/4/2019, 3:07 pm

Any of you guys own these guns? What is the difference. Which one you like?

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Walther gsp expert  vs pardini  Empty Re: Walther gsp expert vs pardini

Post by gregbenner 12/4/2019, 3:47 pm

I own both, both are great.  Quite different. Most obvious difference in the grip angle, the GSP is more upright, 63 degree angle v 55 for the Pardini (for reference a 1911 is 74 degrees). Also, the GSP is heavier, with the weight in the front, making it somewhat nose heavy.  

Both have excellent 2 stage triggers, on mine, the GSPs are more crisp. I think I like it a bit better.

I shoot both guns on 22 and 32, and the Pardini is easier to switch uppers. Pardini is also a little easier to clean.

In 22 caliber both are 100% reliable.  In 32, the my GSP is more reliable (ymmv).

Overall I probably like the Pardini better. Balance and weight.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/4/2019, 4:01 pm

The grip angle mentioned by Greg was a big issue for me, especially with the 32. I've now got Rink "upright" grips on my Pardini's which match the GSP grip angle. Much more comfortable for me, but obviously very much a personal preference.
Overall, I also prefer the Pardini's, but the GSP's are a proven, very reliable design and are very nice. And Earl's Walther Service is outstanding.

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 12/4/2019, 4:40 pm

I personally have never had a single malfunction with my HP Pardini in 32 ACP! Over 10000 rounds and counting
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 12/5/2019, 12:52 pm

Own a Pardini BE edition, have shot many GSP and SSPs. I like them all , however they have compromises in what I would deem to be an "Ideal" gun. 

For me the biggest rant is that I find the Euro ergonomic grips to fit my hand poorly and point to where i do not want and have to adjust for the offset. I always seem to be fussing with the grips trying to find a fit that works well. I never seem to have a problem with slabs on my .45.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by Fezzik68 12/5/2019, 2:08 pm

GSP Expert.
32000 rounds, 1 alibi. (Broken firing pin)
I love mine. It chews up everything I feed it.

Fezzik68

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 12/11/2019, 6:56 pm

I am consider buying a pardini. Bullseye shooting has bitten me. Any suggestions? Models etc. I want a pistol that is easy to take apart and clean also.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 12/11/2019, 6:57 pm

I also looked at the walther gsp but it don't have the rail on top to mount an optic.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/11/2019, 7:19 pm

Champions Choice offer this for the GSP
http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=CC50E
BME make similar custom mounts
Earl's Walther Repair offer an OEM Walther mount (I had those on both of my GSP's and they were fine with an Ultradot on top).

Just do a google search and you can easily find all of these.

Search this forum for info about mounting an optic on a Pardini - the current SP/HP have dovetail grooves milled into the top of the frame, but you need to find the right rings in order to get a perfect setup. Took me three goes to get what I wanted.

Both guns are very easy to disassemble and clean. IMHO the Walther trigger is easier to adjust, but when a Pardini is well adjusted it is very good.

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 12/11/2019, 8:08 pm

Another deciding factor is price. I got a very nice west German 22/32 gsp combo with 2 single stage triggers, dry fire training trigger and original hard case for about $1600 used. Try about double that for a used pardini. Also the newer 2 stage triggers drop in, I picked one up for about $350-$400. They are front heavy, I can shoot the 22 pretty darn well but still working on the 32, it's snappier than I bet some think that haven't shot it, feels like a small 9mm, the blowback action probably doesn't help.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by smsnyder 12/11/2019, 8:14 pm

Thanks guys

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fezzik68 12/12/2019, 8:12 am

I just started reloading for the .32 S&W Long GSP. Recoil not much more than the .22LR. I recently went back to the single stage trigger in the .22, already seeing an improvement in my groups tightening up.

IMHO, GSP is a perfect bullseye gun*.
I have friends that shoot the Pardini & love it, some seem to fight alibis every match.
Others shoot the Marvel/Nelson conversions with great luck.

*your opinion may vary...

Fezzik68

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 12/13/2019, 8:11 am

I owned a GSP Expert a few years back and sold it for a 1997 GSP.  I shot that las year and recently (September) purchased a new Pardini 5" Bullseye pistol.  The Pardini is much lighter than the GSP, but the felt recoil is less felt.  The Pardini's trigger, in my opinion, is much better than the GSP.  A GSP shooter took a couple of shots with the Pardini and questioned if the trigger pull was set a 2.25.  A quick trigger weight test confirmed the weight.  He was shocked at how crisp the trigger felt.  The pardini is quite a bit more expensive, so that is a major consideration.  I offset the price by the fact that the Pardini pistols have great re-sale value.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down