Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli 208 S trigger stop

2 posters

Go down

Hammerli 208 S trigger stop Empty Hammerli 208 S trigger stop

Post by ser2711 Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm

After 40 years I bought again an Hammerli 208 S (now in Italy very cheap, less than $500 in perfect condition) my first was 208. The new trigger can be set as you want, pull weight, pull slack weight..what I notice that there is no trigger stop as was in the old model.. I mistake or is it correct? If correct is a geat handicap no trigger stop for precision shooti

ser2711

Back to top Go down

Hammerli 208 S trigger stop Empty Re: Hammerli 208 S trigger stop

Post by Ed Hall Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:32 pm

The 208s trigger stop is located in the forward part of the frame where the cross piece of the slide rides.  You have to use a very long allen wrench to reach it.  If you're having trouble finding it, make sure you pull the trigger guard down.  The stop adjustment is right behind the little tab that goes up into the frame.

If you haven't seen my page, it may be of interest:

Cleaning and Adjustments for the Hammerli 208s

Edit to add:  I think the second stage adjustment can also work as a trigger stop by adjusting the second stage to bottom out in the correct location, but I'm not sure if the travel is great enough and not at a point where I can check.

Last edited by Ed Hall on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra clarity of location. . .)

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by ser2711 Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 am

Thank you so much for the interesting and useful information

ser2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down