Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help!

2 posters

Go down

Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help! Empty Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help!

Post by Copyman303 1/23/2022, 11:20 am

The slide stop spring on my 208s got damaged and fell off.  I have the replacement spring but I am having issues with the replacement.  If anyone can offer guidance or pictures it would be greatly appreciated.  For some reason it just doesn't look intuitive to replace this part.

Thanking you in advance!

Copyman303

Back to top Go down

Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help! Empty Re: Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help!

Post by Ed Hall 1/23/2022, 1:35 pm

The end with no 90 degree bend at the tip fits into the slot on the top of the stop.  It may need to be pushed firmly to seat into the stop, under the bushing/nut.  The end with the 90 degree tip fits into a tiny hole in the frame, located behind the larger one.  The 90 degree arm also has a slight bend where it leaves the stop slot, to help hold it in the frame.  When you replace the spring you have to be careful not to scratch the frame with that 90 degree tip.  Remember that the spring is supposed to push the stop down, away from the slide.  This sometimes seems odd at first thought.

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help! Empty Re: Hammerli 208s Slide Stop Spring Help!

Post by Copyman303 1/23/2022, 1:59 pm

Thanks Ed

Copyman303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down