Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Dot for Pardini SP

+4
Tripscape
CrankyThunder
ssauer2004
Ljohns
8 posters

Go down

Red Dot for Pardini SP Empty Red Dot for Pardini SP

Post by Ljohns 9/18/2019, 1:34 pm

I have been shooting my Pardini SP for about a year now with the standard open iron sights.

My pistol has grooves in the barrel for a red dot/scope mount. I would like to try a red dot on it. The grooves are a lot smaller than a Picatinny rail. What Red Dot will mount directly in these grooves ?
Ljohns
Ljohns

Back to top Go down

Red Dot for Pardini SP Empty Re: Red Dot for Pardini SP

Post by ssauer2004 9/18/2019, 1:55 pm

You'll need to purchase either 1" or 30mm scope rings.  It depends on which red dot scope you want to buy.  A lot of people go with Ultradot, but it seems Aimpoint is also popular. Pardini USA has rings and they work well.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 9/18/2019, 1:56 pm

Good Afternoon LJohns. 

If you are looking for a tube syle red dot like a aimpoint 9000 SC, you need to purchase the rings from Pardini USA.  They take a normal pair of rings and machine the base so that they fit the pardini.  Dont worry, they are not outrageously priced.  

I used to have a aimpoint 9000 SC on my pardini but got tired of the extra weight.  So then I switched to the Ultra Dot Match Dot II.  got frustrated with the negative magnification of the ultradot and that did not last long because then I switched to the 
aimpoint H1 micro dot.  If you want a microdot you need to get a Kodiak Pardini base from KC in south carolina.  While your at it, pick up a pair of H1 shades from KC that need to be pressed on with a press.  I have a table top drill press that worked really good.  

If you do not like the price of the aimpoint H1, Primary arms makes a good red dot that fits the Kodiak H1 base for a lot less money.  I have one of those too on my SW 41 and it is a good red dot.  Havent used it enough to compare it quality wise with the H1 but it might be just as good for a lot less money.

Regards, 
Crankster
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 9/18/2019, 2:35 pm

Using Ultradot Micro HD with stock mounts - works well, keeps zero well. When installing it "feels" flimsy like the mount will never hold on, but it does. Stock Vortex Venom mount works as well and even better, if you are into non-tube red dots or have weight concern, and the same mount accommodates burris fastfire and Docter sights.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Red Dot for Pardini SP Empty Reflex style red dot

Post by Ljohns 9/18/2019, 3:17 pm

I guess I didn't word my question correctly. What I am really interested in is a mount for a reflex type red dot, not the tube type.

Will one of the bases suggested fit the Pardini grooves and allow me to mount a reflex type sight to it ?
Ljohns
Ljohns

Back to top Go down

Post by Tripscape 9/18/2019, 3:47 pm

I know for sure (hand tested) Vortex Venom and i did read that Burris Fastfire will fit as well. Of course their mounts are interchangeable.

Tripscape

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 9/18/2019, 7:13 pm

I have a Burris FF3 on mine, have not had any issues.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 9/18/2019, 7:23 pm

I believe you will need 11 mm .22 or airgun bases
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 9/18/2019, 8:11 pm

A recent-vintage Pardini will have 19mm dovetails, significantly narrower than Weaver/Picatinny. The Burriss base will likely fit because the pinch point rides on the screw as a traveler, allowing it to fit smaller rails. Not sure if the profile is the correct 60-degree angle, but friction will probably hold it just fine.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 9/18/2019, 8:16 pm

Would one of these work to convert the grooves to a Pic/Weaver rail?

http://www.kwiksitecorp.com/p-289-grooved-receiver-adapter-set.aspx
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 9/18/2019, 8:36 pm

Wobbley wrote:Would one of these work

Those are 3/8" ("airgun") adapters, much too narrow to fit the Pardini. Even if they did, they'd put the optic way too high. I'm not aware of any adapters for the Pardini rail, you need to find a mount, or rings, that fit it directly.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by gregbenner 9/18/2019, 9:08 pm

-TT- wrote:A recent-vintage Pardini will have 19mm dovetails, significantly narrower than Weaver/Picatinny. The Burriss base will likely fit because the pinch point rides on the screw as a traveler, allowing it to fit smaller rails. Not sure if the profile is the correct 60-degree angle, but friction will probably hold it just fine.
That is how mine works. Have never had any issues, shooting 22 and 32 with it.

gregbenner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ljohns 10/5/2019, 4:19 pm

gregbenner wrote:
-TT- wrote:A recent-vintage Pardini will have 19mm dovetails, significantly narrower than Weaver/Picatinny. The Burriss base will likely fit because the pinch point rides on the screw as a traveler, allowing it to fit smaller rails. Not sure if the profile is the correct 60-degree angle, but friction will probably hold it just fine.
That is how mine works. Have never had any issues, shooting 22 and 32 with it.

Well, I was finally able to measure the scope mount grooves on my Pardini. They are 19mm.

I found an elCheapo Armed Forces Laser sight ($20 on E-Bay) that I was using on a non-firearm hobby project and decided to try and modify it for a trial on the Pardini. I removed the sight from the bracket, mounted it in a vice and spread the mounts until they would fit in the Pardini scope mount grooves. It looks like by spreading them that they enter the pistol grooves at an angle and that allowed me to tighten the mounting screws and secure the scope mount to the pistol securely without having to further modify the mount. I slipped the scope back in the mount, tightened the screw that holds it in place and that was that.

I slipped a bore sight in the pistol barrel, turned it on and then turned on the laser. After a few adjustments I got the dots to coincide and went off to the range.

My groups with open sights are usually about 80% in the 9 & 10 ring with the other 20% in the 7 or 8 ring and an occasional flyer.

I used a box of CCI .22 LR to further fine tune the sight and then shot another clean target. I just sighted it in free firing. I didn't have the bench rest with me. I fired another 25 rounds in the clean target with all but 4 in the 10 ring and the other 4 in the 9 ring. That is the best target I have ever shot.

I'm not fond of the bulky laser sight or the fact that I have to peer over the sight to see the dot but I can't argue with the results.

Next week I'll take a bench rest to the range and see where I really am with this combination. I'm looking forward to shooting this set up for a while until I find something smaller that might be just as good.

My thanks to everyone for your input.

Lloyd

Red Dot for Pardini SP 8x10_l10

Ljohns
Ljohns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/6/2019, 1:01 am

Warne "low" rings fit right on the standard Pardini SP grooves and, whilst the "purchase" on the grooves looks very thin, if tightened securely, they do not move (even on the HP32ACP). The Warne rings (and possibly others) bring the sight down much closer to the bore axis,

But, the solution you have already found looks very secure. So just go shoot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down