Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035

4 posters

Go down

CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035 Empty CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035

Post by xman Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Has anyone other than I noticed a BIG performance issue between the two? The red stripe boxes feed and shot like butter, but the light blue printed boxes has had severe FTFeed, FTfire and some FTejects too. I cleand the gun (Buckmark) in a full take down, not just a bore snake and the last mag I shot not a single shot ejected and failed to fired or failed to feed or failed to eject.

I am not one to over lube the action or the extractor, but nothing worked.

The buckmark is my current EIC gun and I do have a brick of old Eley Target that I can hopefully practice with at this weekends EIC in Lake Charles before the matches start on Friday. The Eley was my SB Sil Rifle ammo.

MY second option is to take off my Clark barrel on my M41 that is my dot gun and put on a spare M41 for the 2nd day EIC. This will be my first EIC so I doubt I would get any points even with a healthy gun/ammo

I have no idea where it will shoot but better to shoot and get some points than get zero due to total malfunctions.

Am just scratching my head to make a wise decision.

Also if I take the clark barrel off and later put it back on with the dot intact, might I need to resight in?
xman
xman

Back to top Go down

CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035 Empty More Clarification on CCI SV

Post by brassmaster Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:56 pm

First, obviously I'm not technologically savvy enough to capture a photograph that illustrates what appears to be new look packaging by CCI. So, please check the link on Target Sports and look at the Web page showing what I believe to be a new packaging (box) design. Is this what you are referring to or am I off track?

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-ammo-40-grain-lead-round-nose-0035-p-884.aspx?utm_source=Target+Sports+USA&utm_campaign=09f38c7f75-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_01_11_08_52_COPY_87&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4f4aeab969-09f38c7f75-3135757&mc_cid=09f38c7f75&mc_eid=917079e3fe
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035 Empty Re: CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035

Post by dronning Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:08 pm

interesting if you go on the CCI website they don't even list 0035 anymore, only 0032, 100 plastic pack SV Target.
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035 Empty Re: CCI Red Stripe vs. CCI Light blue box..both marked 0035

Post by brassmaster Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Hmmm, maybe one should stock up on CCI SV, 50 paper box at $239.00/case w/free delivery at Target Sports.
brassmaster
brassmaster

http://www.whitehorsecenter.org, click on Brassmasters

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:49 pm

I know the question was about CCI SV but I need to share my experiences. I have been using CCI SV since it was put up in the white boxes. Bolt actions are not problem but some semis don't like certain lots of the ammo. When the CMP started offering the Eley bulk pack ammo, I bought a case and found that all my rifles and pistols shot it as well as the CCI plus the 1070 velocity operated all my semis reliably. Although CCI SV is now cheaper since the "shortage" is past, I am still using the Eley CMP ammo exclusively. Their limit of 10,000 rounds per year fits my shooting habits perfectly.

Kp321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down