Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&W M41 Finally found one

2 posters

Go down

S&W M41  Finally found one Empty S&W M41 Finally found one

Post by jstanfield103 10/5/2019, 9:08 am

Guy's/Gal's

I am so stoked right now. I have been trying to find a S&W 41 7" for over a year. I wanted a brand new model. I use to have a older 7 3/8" with the suppressor but I finally got rid of it. Great shooter but consistently had stove pipes and no matter what was done to it springs and everything else I could not cure it. So we parted way's. Fast forward to now a day's, I have always wanted another but as I already said was wanting a new one with the factory Life Time service policy.

I asked my LGS. to find me one or put one on order. Still no luck. I ended up buying a Hammerli X-ESSE till I could find my model 41 Smith. The Hammerli was a great shooter but still not the model 41. Walked into the LGS yesterday to order a 7 1/4" Buck Mark, but before asking about the Buck Mark I asked again about the model 41. Told the owner still having trouble finding one and he never got me one. The owner picked up the phone called two suppliers and no luck, everything was allocated already. I was commenting on how hard they are to find and he called one more distributer. The guy said he showed one in stock but think that the gun was already spoken for. He told the LGS that he would check and call him back. I figured that was that. Well the distributer did call back and the guy it was being held for backed out on them. So I have it coming my way and it will be here Monday the supplier said. The LGS said more than likely Tuesday since it was late Friday when he called them. But either way I am stoked. Can't wait to get it. I did trade the X-ESSE in on it. Don't need that pistol now.

I know before I even shoot it I will take the grips off of it and sand them down and make them a whole lot skinnier. I will leave the thumb rest on the left grip panel but I have smaller hands and need a skinner grip. Then I will refinish them with a wax finish. Like the feel of a more warm wood natural feel.

Then comes a scope rail and a red dot for it.

Thanks for reading my rambling. But really am stoked.
Pictures to come.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

S&W M41  Finally found one Empty Re: S&W M41 Finally found one

Post by Allen Barnett 10/5/2019, 4:43 pm

Do you know if your local gun smith still has your old Essex? If he does where is he located and do you have contact information for him?

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by jstanfield103 10/5/2019, 5:54 pm

I do it is my local small town LGS. I do all of my business with them. We get along very well.
I sent you an email with all their information.
jstanfield103
jstanfield103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down