Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang

3 posters

Go down

lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang Empty lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang

Post by Jack H 1/14/2013, 3:46 am

Here is one way to remove the lead from your chamber.
lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang Leadhead3_zpsd52768ec
lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang Leadhead2_zpsf9e39337
lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang Leadhead1_zpsa9474eec
This is from my Nighthawk conversion. I was doing some trigger time with junk ammo. Not really watching the target results, just paying attention to the dot sight. A shot went foof with a bunch of smoke rather than bang like normal. I pulled out the next chambered round as you see it. The barrel was clear and following shots were ok. (BTW-Most of the shots were in the 25yd TF 10 ring all along)

Looking at the shape and contour of the lead scrap, do you see any significant thing about the chamber?
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang Empty Re: lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang

Post by Al 1/14/2013, 10:29 am

Wow Jack!
Makes me think a bit more seriously about scrubbing out my chambers and bore's.
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang Empty Re: lead in chamber, or the previous shot went foof, not bang

Post by fredw4 1/14/2013, 7:44 pm

I'm not sure what you are getting at with your question, Jack. Other than that there could still be some more pieces of lead in there because it is jagged at the top. Did it all come out or did some break off? Is, or rather was, the lead in the chamber resizing the bullet before it got into the barrels rifleing? This is very interesting.

fredw4

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 1/15/2013, 2:59 am

The straight appearing extension of the scrap lead makes me wonder if the chamber is too long before the leade, or throat.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down