Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun.

+3
james r chapman
SingleActionAndrew
SilentAssassin
7 posters

Go down

Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. Empty Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun.

Post by SilentAssassin 6/21/2021, 9:42 pm

I ordered a case of New ammunition that I never tried before. Eley Bullseye pistol X.
I popped off 10 rounds on an old box in the yard, and layed some of the new ammo down into the lands and grooves.

I changed the Volquartsen up a bit......and put target grips back on it then hung the atlas bipod on the gun. Oh and put the Leapers UTG  2-7x scope on so I can see tiny things at 25 yards.
I shot from the bags using only 1 hand.
Layed the bipod into the sand bags with the legs folded out and let the gun cool down for about 30 minutes.  This is the first 5 rounds, at 25 yards,  on target using Eley Bullseye pistol X.
After 5 shots, it made this little hole. I wanted to shoot it more but I knew I would ruin the group so I stopped at 5.

Magic bullet?????? I don't know , but, I have 4995 more of these, lol.
It looks promising.

Here's the target.
Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. Is99efP

This is how the gun is set up now.
Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. COR789R

SilentAssassin

toddcfii and rwleonard like this post

Back to top Go down

Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. Empty Re: Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun.

Post by SingleActionAndrew 6/22/2021, 6:42 am

I thought the whole thing was a joke until the pictures Very Happy neat pistol, nice group.
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

toddcfii likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. Empty Re: Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun.

Post by james r chapman 6/22/2021, 8:00 am

When was Bullseye x purchased???!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 6/22/2021, 3:28 pm

james r chapman wrote:When was Bullseye x purchased???!
About a week ago but it didnt get here until yesterday

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 6/22/2021, 4:51 pm

From???
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentAssassin 6/22/2021, 5:38 pm

james r chapman wrote:From???
Pardini USA . They dont have anymore according to the lady that works there.
It was the last case.

SilentAssassin

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 6/22/2021, 6:26 pm

Ahhh only provider I know of

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/23/2021, 11:11 am

I'm not sure if the accuracy is due to better ammo unless being that ammo is hard to get they are selling anything and not concerned with quality Quite a while ago a friend wanted a High Standard Trophy's barrel replaced. I ordered a target .22 barrel from top barrel maker. I couldn't get the barrel I made to group less than 2" in indoor range that was 50'. No sense taking it outside to try 25 yards in the middle of winter. No matter what I did nothing would help. I called a friend that would help when I got into a situation I was lost. Floyd Aikmen, as I described all I did he could not find anything wrong! He then asked if I told the barrel maker that the barrel was intended to be used in a pistol. When I said yes, he said Never tell barrel makers barrel will be used in a pistol!!! I called and asked for a high quality barrel for a guy that's using it in a rifle for .22 bench rest local competition and the guy insisted on a barrel from their company because he considered them the best, I was told they had one that wold make him happy!  I made the barrel and when testing it at 50 feet, it shot one hole in 10 shots fired, Group was smaller than the one in the photo, when tested outside at 25 yards 10 shot group was the same as the photo, at 50 yards 10 shot group could easily be covered with a Nickel! That was with CCI Standard!!
 I'm thinking the group in the photo was due to the quality of the barrel in the pistol and being properly mounted rather than the ammo but I'm sure it did help.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 6/23/2021, 7:36 pm

I'm wondering if I still have the target with a 5/16th's inch, 5 shot group, I fired at 100 yds with a No4 Mk2 Enfield with iron sights.

IOW, 5 shots means ... not much. 'Happy accidents' happen, now and then. Shoot more, at least 10. Better yet, 'Agg' it like the BR guys do, 5 consecutive 5 shot groups.

However, I'm pretty comfortable with the 3 consecutive 5 shot groups under an inch with a Swedish M-96 with the Swiss Elite aperture sights on it. Damn hard to squeeze off the 5th shot on the first group though.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 6/24/2021, 7:30 am

However, I'm pretty comfortable with the 3 consecutive 5 shot groups under an inch with a Swedish M-96 with the Swiss Elite aperture sights on it. Damn hard to squeeze off the 5th shot on the first group though.
 Been there! Was shooting a match, first shot .22 slow fire at 50 yards was X, each shot after was also X in about 5 minutes I had 9X, Suddenly my trigger got very heavy! After about 4 more minutes I still didn't fire the 10th shot and time running out. Finially I managed to fire the 10th shot. My score was 94-9X. From then on I would confirm my called shot and not look in the scope again! My trigger went back to normal after that 10th shot! Dam Hammerli 208, just can't get good guns! lol!

Froneck

Jack H, WesG and Dan Webb like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 6/24/2021, 4:58 pm

VQ barrels is as good as any, my shoots good and the groups loosened up. I just cleaned and it after about +1000 rounds bad leading maybe due to the ammo I was using I bet it will tighten up again as it now clean. One hole group from a bench I believe they can all do pretty much that with the right ammo.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 6/24/2021, 5:26 pm

From the Ransom Rest, this gun
Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. OPA-012
shot this at 50 yards
Best 5 shot group at 25 yards that I ever shot with a handgun. OPAtgt1
Perhaps the 5th shot was ammo caused or maybe being the last round from the magazine. 
I should have kept shooting.

The gun has a Fedderson barrel.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down