Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY

5 posters

Go down

COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY Empty COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY

Post by DHMG1 10/25/2019, 7:29 pm

Anyone ever shoot one of these in competition? Or are these more of a plinker?

DHMG1

Back to top Go down

COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY Empty Re: COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY

Post by David R 10/25/2019, 8:05 pm

I have a 1952 challenger.   I think it’s a pre woodsman.   Service sights.  I did OK with it.  The gun was too light and I moved up to a High Standard Victor.  That was around 1992.    Still shooting the Victor.
David R
David R

Back to top Go down

COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY Empty Re: COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY

Post by LenV 10/25/2019, 8:05 pm

They are extremely accurate. I just wish they had red dots when I had mine. I was never a fan of sights mounted on the slide but that would be easy to work around today.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by troystaten 10/25/2019, 9:12 pm

I seem to remember somebody doing an accuracy test with one of these and a half dozen other target pistols and it was equal or better than most.  They do have a more slanted grip angle and I would think if one needed work it might be a challenge. They are pretty though.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Post by JayhawkNavy02 10/26/2019, 5:57 am

I have several with different length barrels.  They’re all roughly 2” 50 yard (10 shot) guns except a Huntsman I also have, which is a cheaper version I guess and that one is about 1” with TENEX.  I shot one for about a year and moved on.   Repairs and Gunsmith support ate me alive.  Parts/magazines are $$$ but mine were all stupid reliable.  Factory trigger was pretty rough and not many guys will do the work.  That said I have a soft spot for them and they’re incredibly durable IMO.  The sights on the slide aren’t ideal since it’s a blowback design and the grip angle is different than the 1911.  Also not mentioned is the scarcity of custom/aftermarket grip options.

troystaten wrote:I seem to remember somebody doing an accuracy test with one of these and a half dozen other target pistols and it was equal or better than most.  They do have a more slanted grip angle and I would think if one needed work it might be a challenge. They are pretty though.

From the Pistol Shooters Treasury

COLT WOODSMAN MATCH TARGET ACCURACY CLASSIC-PISTOLS
JayhawkNavy02
JayhawkNavy02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down