Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cracked Hammerli 208 Frame

2 posters

Go down

Cracked Hammerli 208 Frame Empty Cracked Hammerli 208 Frame

Post by gundog94 11/13/2019, 7:59 am

Hello to All! I am new to the forum and new to the Hammerli 208 pistol. I just bought this pistol off of Gunbroker. It is in excellent overall condition but when I started to do some research on the 208 I ran across a thread somewhere about frame cracking at the recoil spring seat. I decided to pull mine apart and to my disappointment, there is a crack. You can run a fingernail across it and feel it. The questions I have are: 1) Will it get worse to the point of failure if I keep a good spring in it and only use SV ammo? 2) Is there anyone out there that can and will repair the crack other than Larry's Guns? Another problem with the gun is the rear sight assembly mounting screw is stripped. Does anyone know where I can obtain one? Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
Cracked Hammerli 208 Frame Attachment
Hammerli Frame Crack.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(172 Kb) Downloaded 27 times

gundog94

Back to top Go down

Cracked Hammerli 208 Frame Empty Re: Cracked Hammerli 208 Frame

Post by adminbot1911 11/13/2019, 8:32 am

I'm sorry to be the one to break the news but Larry Carter passed away.  His business has been passed to the Cardinal Shooting Center who as I understand are still in the process of filling the gap he left but have already been filling orders.  Please contact them to see how they can help.
adminbot1911
adminbot1911

Back to top Go down