Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Net Competitor quarterly leagues

4 posters

Go down

Net Competitor quarterly leagues Empty Net Competitor quarterly leagues

Post by Mike38 Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:17 pm

https://www.netcompetitor.com/

I've been shooting the Net Competitor quarterly leagues for just over a year now. Kind of helps me with my training. The first couple of leagues there were 3 or 4 other shooters. Even though I got my butt handed to me, it was fun having the competition. The past two has just been me. Someone sign up for the Winter league 50 foot precision pistol so I won't feel so lonely. Starts January 27, 2020.   

https://www.netcompetitor.com/
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Net Competitor quarterly leagues Empty Re: Net Competitor quarterly leagues

Post by Zippy Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Looks interesting, how are the targets scored? Scan and upload?

Thanks

Zippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:22 pm

Zippy wrote:Looks interesting, how are the targets scored? Scan and upload?

Thanks

You enter the scores on the web site, honor system. Keep your targets for 7 days in case of a protest. 

Scores get turned into the NRA for classification, just like if you shot in a shoulder to shoulder match. 

For $6 per 150 shot match, it's hard to beat, and there are awards for the top 3 competitors. 

The web site automatically keeps track of your stats in the form of a line graph, so you can easily see
if you are trending up or down if the case may be.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Deerspy Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 pm

I joined a postal league 50' it is 8 matches 22 NMC and CF NMC you send money 40 bucks
and they send you the targets marked and you have dates each match targets have to be sent back never did it before but going to this winter.

Deerspy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Deerspy wrote:I joined a postal league 50' it is 8 matches 22 NMC and CF NMC you send money 40 bucks
and they send you the targets marked and you have dates each match targets have to be sent back never did it before but going to this winter.

I did something similar to that years ago, but it was a 10 meter air pistol postal match. I even shot one match for "Team Illinois". As I recall, we didn't fare very well. Could have been me.  Sad
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by chopper Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 pm

Mike, if you win your own class (mk,ss, etc.) do you still get awards? Sounds like fun, right now we're starting our Iowa postal. I think I'm in the same postal league as Deerspy. Trying something new for me this year, using a model 14 for CF, having a good time doing that, rapid fire is challenging sometimes.
  Mike, I think I'll give it a try, I don't bowl anymore since bowling balls can hurt ones foot. Stan

chopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippy Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Sounds good, many of my peers and I shoot in two leagues but more trigger time the better. I'm going to pass this along to the team and gauge interest but I'm in.

Thanks

Zippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:13 pm

chopper wrote:Mike, if you win your own class (mk,ss, etc.) do you still get awards?

As I understand it, awards go to high junior, high senior, and Top three competitors. So it's possible for a Marksman to go up against a Master, I guess. But if you look at it like I do, you're competing against yourself only, working on getting one or two more points than the previous match.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:17 pm

Zippy wrote:Sounds good, many of my peers and I shoot in two leagues but more trigger time the better. I'm going to pass this along to the team and gauge interest but I'm in.

Thanks

They also have "Team Matches" at Net Competitor. 3 or 4 person teams, I think. If you could form a team at your regular leagues, and someone else forms a team at another range somewhere, you can compete as an individual and as a team. I believe the Team matches at Net Competitor are no extra fee.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippy Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello Mike,

That's the way I read it as well, I'm figuring that I should be able to drag in at least three others besides myself. Between the two teams (some overlap) we have over 20 or so shooters.

Zippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down