Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer

+3
orpheoet
kjanracing
Youngerd
7 posters

Go down

Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer Empty Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer

Post by Youngerd 12/3/2019, 10:05 pm

My local gunsmith is not accepting any new work at the moment. Any suggestions on a competent member/gunsmith to do the job? Simple job, but I want it done right. Thanks in advance. I purchased the bullseye rib on commercial row at Perry, I'm switching from a weigand mount. I live near Pittsburgh.

Youngerd

Back to top Go down

Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer Empty Re: Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer

Post by kjanracing 12/3/2019, 10:20 pm

I sent my slide to RAA to have their rib installed. Reasonable cost, quick turnaround. Call em. Easy.
Kurt
kjanracing
kjanracing

Back to top Go down

Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer Empty Re: Need a gunsmith to install a RRA bullseye rib on my SA Range Officer

Post by orpheoet 12/3/2019, 10:50 pm

I sent mine to Springfield and got it back that week!
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngerd 12/5/2019, 6:03 pm

Thanks to all who have helped!

Youngerd

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 12/6/2019, 7:38 am

I assume that is not legal for an EIC match?

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 12/6/2019, 3:23 pm

Unless you're already drilled and tapped, it is not a simple job.

It takes a machinist with a milling machine to do it right. Lots of hamburgers with drill presses out there, don't bite!

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by WillH 12/6/2019, 4:11 pm

Another suggestion is to send it to KC Crawford.  I sent mine to him for that same job a couple of years ago.  Was real satisfied with the work and turnaround time.  Just needed to ship the slide.  

https://kcskustomcreations.com/
WillH
WillH

Back to top Go down

Post by Youngerd 12/6/2019, 4:18 pm

I talked to KC recently, and he is pretty backed up. I John said he would have it back in a couple days, and has done a bunch of slide mounts. He may even mill a fiber-optic front sight in for me. I will post the pics when the project is finished.

Youngerd

Back to top Go down

Post by shaky452 12/6/2019, 7:08 pm

I would recommend Jim Milks at Innovative Custom Guns. I have had him install ramped barrels and machine slides for sights and bases. The work has been superb and the turn around time, even for barrel work, has been quick. He is the only gunsmith that I have been 100% satisfied with 100% of the time. His website is innovativecustomguns.com and his shop is located in New Enterprise, PA.

shaky452

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down