Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments

+2
Allgoodhits
bentrod
6 posters

Go down

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments Empty AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments

Post by bentrod 1/11/2020, 10:38 am

I have an AimPoint Micro H1 sight and I lost the caps that fit over the sight adjustment screws, so I need replacements, also what are the adjustments on the windage sight, CW moves it in what direction?

Thanks

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments Empty Re: AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments

Post by Allgoodhits 1/11/2020, 12:23 pm

Think CDL where C is clockwise, D is down and L is left. I find that is the best way to deal with adjustments and remembering which way to go.

Last edited by Allgoodhits on 1/11/2020, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments Empty Re: AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments

Post by dronning 1/11/2020, 12:41 pm

bentrod wrote:I have an AimPoint Micro H1 sight and I lost the caps that fit over the sight adjustment screws, so I need replacements, also what are the adjustments on the windage sight, CW moves it in what direction?

Thanks

Jim
I like these better than the caps:

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments 51dHDt6xAXL._AC_SL1491_
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 1/11/2020, 2:05 pm

I have the sight adjustment tool as pictured, but I think the caps show what direction to turn because it is not shown on the sight itself. Also I would like to cover the exposed threads on the sight adjustment itself. 

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 1/11/2020, 2:21 pm

Think of it as a screw. When you turn your elevation clockwise like turning in a screw your adjusting down. When your "backing out the screw" your adjusting up.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 1/11/2020, 3:22 pm

Yes, for the elevation, which is standard for all sights that I have ever seen, but the  windage is different on sights. I have a number of pistols and scopes, but they are all different, some CCW will move the sight L others will move it R.

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger 1/11/2020, 3:32 pm

bentrod wrote:Yes, for the elevation, which is standard for all sights that I have ever seen, but the  windage is different on sights. I have a number of pistols and scopes, but they are all different, some CCW will move the sight L others will move it R.

Jim

Elevation and windage adjust the same on an Aimpoint Micro. On windage, screw in adjusts to the left. "Back out the screw" adjusts to the right.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 1/11/2020, 3:54 pm

Got it, thanks.

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 1/11/2020, 4:29 pm

bentrod wrote:I have the sight adjustment tool as pictured, but I think the caps show what direction to turn because it is not shown on the sight itself. Also I would like to cover the exposed threads on the sight adjustment itself. 

Jim
If you have one from Aimpoint the directions are raised in the plastic.  Hard to see but it's there, I used a Sharpie to highlight it.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 1/11/2020, 5:44 pm

I  am missing the caps, which is the main problem of not knowing which way to turn the windage screw.

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/11/2020, 6:48 pm

Rght, but the wing tool has arrows marked "Up/R", on the side that doesn't say Aimpoint. I use 'em all the time, since it's "backwards" from what I always expect.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 1/12/2020, 10:18 am

-TT- wrote:Rght, but the wing tool has arrows marked "Up/R", on the side that doesn't say Aimpoint. I use 'em all the time, since it's "backwards" from what I always expect.
 Wow, I looked at my red Aimpoint tool and that is true, do you actually turn your elevation screw to the R to move your sights up? Do you have the original caps, if so what do they say?

I went to the Aimpoints web site for the specfications on the sight, it gives the number to clicks at distance to move bullet strikes, but doesn't give  information which way to turn the adjustment screws.

Thanks 

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 1/12/2020, 10:38 am

It's Counter ClockWise for Up or Right. And in the Micro series the dot moves 1/2 MOA per click. At 50 feet, this is just 1/12 inch - 12 clicks per inch! At 25 yards, that means 1/8 inch and at 50 yards, 1/4 inch. In my experience, the Aimpoint moves accurately every time.

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments H1capa10

If you're interested, here's an elevation cheat sheet I cooked up for SK Pistol Match in my Benelli initially sighted at 50 feet on an Aimpoint H1. YMMV!

AimPoint Micro H1 sight adjustments H1adju10
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by bentrod 1/12/2020, 12:12 pm

Thanks TT

I should have seen that arrow which explains it all. It pays to pay attention. Your cheat sheet is very helpful. I am extremely thankful for the help received here.

Jim

bentrod

Back to top Go down

Post by 1joel1 1/14/2020, 10:37 am

On my H1, about 5 years old, that arrow is not like the one pictured. It is very hard to see so perhaps yours is like that. In any case, the marking on the tool should help. Up/Right is CCW (anticlockwise).

Joel

1joel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down