Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match.

5 posters

Go down

Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match. Empty Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match.

Post by SonOfAGun 1/14/2020, 1:58 am

I shot my first BE match this past weekend. A local club hosts a monthly 1800 on their indoor 50 foot range. I used my rimfire pistol in both 900 matches.

Over the past couple years I have been taking small steps towards the goal of shooting a match. I’m so glad I took that next step to get on the line, side by side with other enthusiasts. This post is somewhat inspired by mikemyers first match story: https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t11551-first-bullseye-match.

Before, during, and after the match I found knowledgeable and enthusiastic people that made me feel welcome. They were open and patient with my hovering around and asking a bunch of questions.

It was really great to shoot on turning targets with a live person calling the range commands.

Considering it was my first time out I felt reasonably prepared, largely due to the extensive info I’ve absorbed from this forum. I had essentially rehearsed the NMC numerous times on my own, so shooting the timed and rapid stages was familiar enough. My modest equipment was sufficient.

I had low expectations for my score, and indeed there were some very rough moments. The worst being a double alibi, resulting in only 5 shots for score on my first Timed Fire target. But then I also had some encouraging moments and general improvement over the course of the day. But the numbers don’t matter, really, I’m just happy to have the first match under my belt.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to the local BE community, to the online BE community here on the forum, as well as all the wise words I’ve read from the past legends.

For prosperity, I’ll admit that I scored a 661-2X on my first match, and 739-4X on the second. I hope to look back on this post at some point in the future and use these scores to mark my improvement.

Best SF target of the day: 80
Best TF target of the day: 89-0X
Best RF target of the day: 87-0X

Overall, I had a great time and I’ll definitely be back for more!

Last edited by SonOfAGun on 1/14/2020, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Official scoring corrected a math error my second match giving me ten additional points!)
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match. Empty Re: Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match.

Post by Outthere 1/14/2020, 6:46 am

Excellent job. That 50ft. target is more difficult than the 25yd, especially with the .22.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match. Empty Re: Thank you Bullseye Forum: I shot my first bullseye match.

Post by SingleActionAndrew 1/14/2020, 9:20 am

Congrats getting out there! Say goodbye to your pocket book Very Happy
SingleActionAndrew
SingleActionAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post by valbern67 1/17/2020, 4:47 pm

This makes my heart happy!
valbern67
valbern67

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 1/17/2020, 4:49 pm

awesome shooting!
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down