Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back?

+21
steveu
chopper
Lefty
Pbmoser1954
Fotomaniac
CrashClint
mikemyers
joem5636
farmboy
orpheoet
Al
messenger
TonyH
Allen Barnett
clark2245
lablover
Jack H
Outthere
james r chapman
CR10X
Manetti
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back? Empty ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back?

Post by Manetti Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:31 am

I created ClearsighT in the 80s to help keep focus on the front sight. obviously works very well, as thousands were sold.

With the advent of “any sights”, Especially red dot, the market disappeared. I quit making them. 

I have had some inquiries about availability and am searching my storage for NOS to assemble a few.  It is a pretty good commitment in time and money to re-start the business. I am almost 80 years old and wonder whether it is worth doing 

So, what thinks the Forum?

Tillman aka “Mr. ClearsighT “

Manetti

Back to top Go down

ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back? Empty Re: ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back?

Post by CR10X Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:46 am

With people now shooting Distinguished Revolver and Distinguished .22 in addition to regular EIC's; there is a lot of interest in vision correction.  In addition, a lot of shooters are getting older or coming back to the game at a later age. 

After my clip broke, I'd sure like to get another set or two.

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back? Empty Re: ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back?

Post by james r chapman Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:58 am

Also Air Pistol is increasing in popularity especially around college campuses.

Could a picture of one be posted?
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manetti Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:47 am

As soon as I find one I will. 

Imagine a clip-on jewelers loupe with a +1.0 or +0.75 diopter lens installed.

Manetti

Back to top Go down

Post by Outthere Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:36 am

Sign me up.
Outthere
Outthere

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:52 am

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:11 am

I used one clipped to my regular distance glasses.  The distance Rx is -.75.  With the Clearsight +1.0 lens installed, I got a good clear front sight view with a net +.25. 
I think that is how the math works anyway.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by lablover Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:15 am

I want one!  Hope this happens
lablover
lablover

Back to top Go down

Post by Manetti Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:59 am

ClearsighT - How it works:

The +1.0 diopter lens brings the 20/20 distance focus back to one meter. That is about the distance from the eye to the front sight. It makes the shooter focus on the front sight and blurs the target. The rear sight will be very slightly fuzzy as well. 

If I cannot market the ClearsighT again, iron sight shooters can have shooting glasses made by having their optician make a lens for the shooting eye with +1.0 diopter added to the distance prescription. DO NOT add it to the reading prescription! 

One can also purchase Champion or Knobloch shooting glasses with +1.0 and+0.75 diopter lenses. These solutions cost over $150.00... I sold the ClearsighT for $49.95 with an additional 0.50 diopter lens. 

I found the +0.50 lens to be not useful. With the current cost of materials, I would hope to charge around $45.00 for the two lens version. 

At least I have provided the Forum with viable, albeit expensive, alternatives. 

Tillman - “Mr. ClearsighT “ (Retired)

Manetti

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 am

Thank you!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clark2245 Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm

I would definitely like a set or two.   Much cheaper than buying an extra pair of special glasses, especially allowing for doing it each time my prescription changes.   Just clip the ClearSight on my regular glasses and I'm in business.

I am currently using a borrowed set and they enabled me to earn points in the 22 rimfire at Camp Perry last summer, even as a grand senior with less than perfect vision.

Are you going to make the amber color also?  

Thanks

clark2245

Back to top Go down

ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back? Empty Me Too!

Post by Allen Barnett Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm

I would buy at least 1 if not 2 sets also!  ME TOO!! LOL  If you do go back into production or make some of your new old stock available please let us know.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:14 pm

You should already have me down for a set (I’ll take two) from the other earlier thread. Thanks.
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by messenger Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:29 pm

I would be interested in getting a couple sets.

Bill
messenger
messenger

Back to top Go down

Post by Manetti Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

I am overwhelmed and flattered by the response!

I will start contacting possible suppliers and hopefully they still are still in business. 

Thank you all so much for your interest!!

Manetti

Back to top Go down

Post by Al Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:08 pm

I'm in for one also. I do have one, I just can't remember who I loaned it out to. This CRS just is a real PITA sometimes.
Al

Al

Back to top Go down

Post by orpheoet Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:52 pm

+1
orpheoet
orpheoet

Back to top Go down

Post by farmboy Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:08 pm

I would be interested
farmboy
farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post by joem5636 Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:51 am

Another option is Goggles4U and similar on-line eyeglasses sites -- just order a set of cheap frames and lenses with +.75D or so added to the distance prescription. Total cost is about $30 but there are always discounts.

joem5636

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:31 am

I found an old thread that may or may not be about your ClearsighT lenses:
http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=29884

If I understand you correctly, if I have a pair of polycarbonate distance glasses (that I use with red dot sights), I can clip your device onto my shooting eye's lens, and it would bring the prescription back to a front sight?   

If so, please add me to the list.  The front sight would be in perfect focus, the target would be blurry, and the rear sight would be slightly blurry.  Sounds like an excellent tool to have, and might save considerable $$ in buying new glasses.

I thought Jim's post up above was going to show a photo of one, but I can't get it to appear.  I'll keep looking....
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:37 am

mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashClint Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:36 pm

Wow, I vaguely remember these.
CrashClint
CrashClint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:04 pm

ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back? Img_0311
ClearsighT...is it worth bringing it back? Img_0312
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Fotomaniac Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:00 pm

This is cool, but one should know that Art Neergaard of www.shootingsight.com makes a clip on lens that does the same thing.

Fotomaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbmoser1954 Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:08 am

has anyone ever tried this product?

https://shootingsight.com/product/clip-on-flip-lens/
Pbmoser1954
Pbmoser1954

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next