Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back

4 posters

Go down

Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back Empty Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back

Post by SteveJewels 8/10/2023, 9:50 am

What is the differance?

Is it only aluminum vs steel?

Any performance differance or just weight?

Thanks!

SteveJewels

Back to top Go down

Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back Empty Re: Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back

Post by Jon Eulette 8/10/2023, 10:02 am

Marvel lock back with aluminum slide has a steel piece screwed to the slide for the slide stop to lock the slide back; aluminum would wear out without the steel piece/insert.
Steel slide obviously just steel slide.
Steel slide cycles slower and has a different recoil feel than the aluminum slide.
No performance or accuracy advantages; just feel.
I personally have both and like the steel slide feel better. I do not like the lock back aluminum slides, the steel piece/insert and screw have found a way to tear skin off the fingers all too often when using/handling the pistol. I do not use lock back for any of my conversions, I prefer locking it back myself. Gives me the opportunity to dry fire a 6th shot in sustained fire.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

mbmshooter, chiz1180 and SteveJewels like this post

Back to top Go down

Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back Empty Re: Marvel Gov't lock back vs Gov't steel lock back

Post by John Dervis 8/10/2023, 8:24 pm

To reiterate what Jon said, the steel slide has a different feel during recoil and I have come to prefer it.  According to FCW the weight of the two are pretty similar but the feel during recoil is noticeable.  I would think it will last longer as well but that's my opinion of steel vs aluminum in general. 

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 8/10/2023, 8:55 pm

I should have mentioned, that my aluminum slide I was using a 7# recoil spring and the steel slide I’m using a 5# recoil spring. That’s using CCI SV.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by RodJ 8/10/2023, 11:03 pm

I’m as dumb as they come and can’t figure any excuses. But I’m over that. Does the steel marvel slide attract a magnet?

RodJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down