Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update

2 posters

Go down

Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update Empty Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update

Post by ssauer2004 Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:38 am

An interesting thing happen to me yeaterday at the range.  I was practicing SF and my trigger went dead.  I could pull in the first stage and then it hit a wall, no second stage.  This malfunction was not magazine related.  I text someone from Pardini USA, forgeting about this weekend's Shot Show.  I did not expect a response.  It wasn't even ten minutes later when I received some guidance in regard to this problem.  Unfourtunately turning the "CP" screw counter clockwise an 1/8 to a 1/4 turn did not solve the issue.  

I then relayed an interesting fact.  If I placed my finger on the top half of the trigger...... bang.  On the lower half of the trigger...... no bang.  This could be repeated as many times as I wanted.  The person from Pardini USA text me that he knew the adujustment that would solve this problem, but it would need to be relayed in a telephone call.  He's going to call me today.  I'll update this post with the fix when it happens.

I wasn't sure if anyone had run into this problem.

Last edited by ssauer2004 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update Empty Re: Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update

Post by ssauer2004 Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:51 pm

UPDATE:

I talked to Vlad at Pardini USA.  I explained the problem.  He had me adjust the torque screw which adjusts the trigger front to back.  It seems that the trigger had moved back enough to prevent it from having enough travel to complete the second stage of the trigger pull.  That's the reason why it would fire when my finger was placed on the top half of the trigger.  With that placement, I had enough leverage to complete the second stage.  The pistol is functioning normally now.

The service from Pardini USA top notch.  I can't recommed them enough!
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update Empty Re: Pardini SP.....Dead Trigger.....Update

Post by James Hensler Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Hey that happened to my Pardini once! I put a drop of Blue Locktite and it’s never happened again!
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by ssauer2004 Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:21 pm

Thinking back, I know exactly how this happened. It happened when I weighed my trigger last week. It weights must have pushed the trigger back.
ssauer2004
ssauer2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down