Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips?

+14
rich.tullo
Trailblazer94
hammerli
WesG
jwax
Gustavo1957
Bren
LenV
-TT-
dronning
davidbullseye
Dockokol
james r chapman
Dtdk
18 posters

Go down

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Empty precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips?

Post by Dtdk 1/29/2020, 11:01 am

Just curious how you like the 3D printed grips, and what kind of turn around time are you looking at for them?

Dtdk

Back to top Go down

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Empty Re: precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips?

Post by james r chapman 1/29/2020, 11:14 am

Not as nice as a $300 Nils or Rink,
But serves its purpose.
He can store your grip data and make additional grips or modifications for reasonable cost.

2 weeks or so

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? E803b610
precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? 6f176210
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Empty Re: precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips?

Post by Dockokol 1/29/2020, 12:01 pm

I am a fan.  I have one for my .22 and one for my .45.  Andrew is very easy to work with, and recently replaced a grip that other firms would have charged me for.   The price is right and the service after the sale is great.

Dockokol

Back to top Go down

Post by davidbullseye 1/29/2020, 12:40 pm

I agree with the above comment.  Andrew, knows his trade, his customer service is extraordinary.  He really cares about target shooting and supporting the industry.  

I have two of his grips and would be happy to order again. 

David

davidbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 1/29/2020, 1:35 pm

+1, I had Andrew do a 1911 style grip for my 6" Pardini Bullseye addition.  The 1st grip was a exact match to my 45 grip.  I've always wanted to try a 1911 style grip that was slightly thicker in some dimensions.  We discussed exactly where I wanted the extra material and it was perfect.  It was very comfortable and I enjoyed shooting with it but I went back to the original 1911 grip because I shot it better.
Great service!
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Empty Great product and great service!

Post by Guest 1/31/2020, 8:49 am

Andrew made me an M1911 arched mainspring housing grip for my older Gamo Compact air pistol (same as the new V10).  It had a slightly different frame and I met Andrew at the Camp Perry Open where he adjusted grip innards so it fit perfectly and will now fit both my older frame and the new V10s.  He is very pleasant and I got to watch the 3d maker in action.  Great product and easy to deal with, I will be ordering one for my older 717.

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 2/1/2020, 11:33 am

davidbullseye wrote:Andrew, knows his trade, his customer service is extraordinary.

Extraordinary service is an understatement.
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 2/1/2020, 2:44 pm

I only use these grips when I'm shooting on OSU campus. They were worth every penny I paid for them just for the glares they get.  Very Happy 

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Dscf1013
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren 2/5/2020, 8:18 pm

I put some on my Marvel .22, ordered at Camp Perry last year.  Well worth the price and they seem like good people to deal with.
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

Post by Gustavo1957 2/5/2020, 9:33 pm

Andrew's grips were very helpful for me when I needed to switch to left hand shooting after major surgery on my right dominant hand. The support they gave my weak hand was enough to keep me shooting and improve somewhat. It was a struggle to "train"my brain to think left handed with needed trigger control. 

Well worth the price and Andrew's service for his grips..

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax 5/14/2020, 6:10 pm

Has anyone had to grind-to-fit? I'm having trouble because Andrews grips were a little too large for my hand, so I thought some grinding was needed. Too bad I found a void in the grip!
Still waiting to hear back from him after several emails.
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 5/14/2020, 7:25 pm

jwax wrote:Has anyone had to grind-to-fit? I'm having trouble because Andrews grips were a little too large for my hand, so I thought some grinding was needed. Too bad I found a void in the grip!
Still waiting to hear back from him after several emails.

Do what most people do with their wood grips when they take too much off - fill it with bondo or JB weld.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 5/14/2020, 8:55 pm

He should be able to print them solid if you want. Takes longer, uses more material, would probably cost more. And weigh a bit more as well.

I had him make a LH set for my Hammerli free pistol. A bit different shape than I was expecting, but they fit my hand really well from dimensions I sent him. Same goes for the offset I spec'd for cross dominant eyesight. It was dead on.

They didn't fit the gun though. Apparently there are different frames on these. He asked for them back, along with my originals, to correct it. I left them laying around for way too long, and rather than bug him 6 months later I figured out where to carve and fill to make them work.

I broke into the internal webbing, or whatever they call it (I should know, I've done a bit of it years ago), but it filled nice with Devcon and they're solid on the gun.

Unfortunately, since getting these I've found I get a much better sight picture using my left eye with a patch of scotch tape on the right lens. It's the distortion from looking out the corner of my progressives. So at some point I'll need another one without the offset. Or set up a set of Champions, which have other issues.

I also added some wood on the bottom so when I'm resting it on the bench it doesn't feel like it wants to fall over to the right. That was making me subconsciously maintain a grip on it and I could feel my hand getting tired faster. Something like that should be easy to add as well.

WesG

Back to top Go down

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Empty 3D printed Grips

Post by hammerli 5/16/2020, 3:17 am

Service is great but I found his grips not upto the mark of Rink and Nill grips. To clarify I ordered a set for ISSF Std Pistol and the ones for a Hammerli 208 were no where close to match grips

hammerli

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailblazer94 8/9/2022, 3:24 pm

There are much better options. The set I ordered went straight to trash,

Trailblazer94

Back to top Go down

Post by rich.tullo 8/9/2022, 5:20 pm

I ordered a set years back , there was a miscommunication in measurement, all my fault. He offered to replace them. 

If i were in the market for grips and knew exactly what I wanted, I would give him a shot.
rich.tullo
rich.tullo

Back to top Go down

Post by jejajones 8/9/2022, 7:02 pm

Had my Alecto lh grip(air pistol) replicated for my High Standard Victor.
Took a little while to sand to fit my hand. Probably the cause was a wider frame. Filled the voids with JB weld.
Love the fit and so much better than the LH regular Victor grip.
Fantastic service from Andrew and I highly recommend his services

jejajones

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 8/9/2022, 9:09 pm

Andrew has done a set of very custom 1911 grips and revolver grips for me for NRA Action Pistol. The 1911 grips are awesome, the revo grips not so much. Not necessarily his fault. They were quite complex, requiring a lot of him. Honestly, he said he would try, and he did.

He has also done a 3D copy of Nil Orthopedic grips for a 1911, then also duplicated that grip and angle for my Pardini.

So he has done 4 sets for me. I would recommend him.
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 8/9/2022, 11:08 pm

Have two, so 50/50:

Ambi sport grip for a FWB80, does what is supposed to do and allows a right or left handed shooter to use it.  Kind of a plastic feel that gets slippery.

1911 conversion grip for a MG2, put this on and took a picture and then removed it.  Moved the pistol about 1.5" or more above the grip and ruined the balance.  You can go through the pictures on the website and see how some of the pistols sit much higher depending on the grips and pistol.  I was thinking the 1911 grips just changed the angle but his design also lowers the grip in relation to the trigger finger placement.

Was looking for a replacement grip for the Baikal 46m, but he spaces those grips down as well.  Which raises the Pistol upwards affecting balance and introducing canting issues.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailblazer94 8/10/2022, 8:09 am

precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Percis12
precision target pistol grips - who has used them for grips? Percis13

Trailblazer94

Back to top Go down

Post by lyoke 8/10/2022, 8:40 am

Trailblazer94,

Have you reached back out to Andrew with your complaint? 

He has been extremely helpful in any questions and requests that I've provided to him. 

You have 3 posts on your account about these grips but he seems the right person to rectify the situation.

lyoke

Back to top Go down

Post by WesG 8/12/2022, 4:17 pm

I got one of the 1911 grips for my FWB. Yeah, it raises the pistol quite a bit. That's just what's going to happen when you take the rake out of the grip, your wrist bends upwards and brings your trigger finger up to horizontal. If you tried to keep it low, your trigger finger would be pointed downward just like it is with the factory grips, and your middle finger would be giving your trigger finger ... the middle finger.

The CMM adapter does the same thing. Maybe not as bad, since aluminum can be made thinner than 3d printed 'plastic'.

WesG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down