Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol?

3 posters

Go down

Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol? Empty Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol?

Post by Guest 1/31/2020, 8:05 am

I have a probably 1930's vintage Swiss break barrel free pistol made by J. Hartmann of Lausanne that is something I doubt I will be using in the future and want to get to someone who is into this type of pistol and free pistol shooting.  He was an Olympic bronze medal rifle shooter in the 1912 Olympics and went into the gunsmithing business where he actually built firearms.  Haven't found much info other than that little bit on the internet.  Is there a free pistol shooter's group or collector/shooter here  that might be able to provided some contacts?  Thinking I'd like to trade or sell outright but no clue on how to value it.

Back to top Go down

Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol? Empty Re: Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol?

Post by BE Mike 1/31/2020, 8:14 am

You'll probably find the information you seek on the international shooters' forum: TargetTalk.org. The host of the site, Scott Pilkington is very knowledgeable about international guns. The website for his company is pilkguns.com
BE Mike
BE Mike

Back to top Go down

Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol? Empty Re: Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol?

Post by CR10X 1/31/2020, 8:38 am

Scott Pilkington is the person to talk to.  

Aside, Free Pistol is no longer an Olympic event, but still shot in major ISSF competitions including the World Championship and a number of smaller sectional type matches. However, without the Olympic option as a final goal, this has unfortunately led to a reduction in the already small number of competitors pursuing this sport.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Info/Market for Vintage J. Hartmann Swiss Free Pistol? Empty I have a J. Hartmann pistol which sounds a lot like the "Guest" type of handgun.

Post by Shutterman55 3/23/2023, 9:44 pm

If the "Guest" get this reply to this post from 3 years ago, I would love to get in contact to find out if you found out any more about the J. Hartmann Lausanne .22 Free Pistol single shot, you own. 
Who knows, you may have sold it and I ended up buying from an Estate auction in Connecticut.

Shutterman55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down