Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What red dots are the top shooters using?

+23
Fotomaniac
kayakr
lakemurrayman
Wobbley
Oleg G
adminbot1911
chiz1180
zanemoseley
IT1 Wes
dronning
PhotoEscape
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
alaronstein
dapduh2
Larry2520
JKR
orpheoet
mikemyers
Outthere
LenV
JayhawkNavy02
smsnyder
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What red dots are the top shooters using? - Page 3 Empty What red dots are the top shooters using?

Post by smsnyder 2/1/2020, 1:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

With so many red dots out there I was wondering what red dots the top shooters are using for bullseye competition. 22 and 45 events ? The ultra dot match dominated for years.

smsnyder

Back to top Go down

What red dots are the top shooters using? - Page 3 Empty Re: What red dots are the top shooters using?

Post by Sc0 4/15/2022, 5:38 am

Nowhere near a top shooter but started with the 1" ultradot, then went to the 30mm ultradot. The price was reasonable and was pretty lightweight and popular with bullseye shooters. Negative magnification was noticed and reports of failure of ultradots maintaining zero or electronics failure during big matches, this caused an upgrade to the 9000sc. 9000sc is a bit HEAVY and expensive, then grabbed a few hud type Holosuns and discovered that I prefer a tube sight for Bullseye. Then someone here or on Facebook did a report on the Primary Arms MD-25 red dot that uses the aimpoint microdot mounts, so far so good for a .22 but about to try it on a .45 slide mount.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

What red dots are the top shooters using? - Page 3 Empty Re: What red dots are the top shooters using?

Post by Tangeant 4/17/2022, 10:50 am

Ultra Dots most common around here among better shooters.
Personally prefer 1" Ultra Dot for alot of same reasons already posted. Low parallax, front and back sunshade, lower on bore line, smaller field of view less distracting, easier to pick up dot. Have six or seven of them over the yrs never had a serious issue with them even 1911 slide mounted. I've never incountered neg mag but the one on my #1 1911 seems x2 mag.

Tangeant
Tangeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sc0 4/17/2022, 4:23 pm

Update, just discovered the rear tube is loose on my 9000sc. Had been slide mounted is entire life and always fired 185gr loads with just enough pressure to pickup the next round reliably... Probably got jealous of me when I removed it to shoot irons.

Sc0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 4/17/2022, 4:40 pm

Lol
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3