Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrap-Around Grip Tape

3 posters

Go down

Wrap-Around Grip Tape  Empty Wrap-Around Grip Tape

Post by Bren 2/8/2020, 10:11 am

I need a better grip on my Sig P320 X-Five, since Sig decided to put smooth surfaces under the web of my hand and my middle finger on the stock grip.  I was thinking of stippling it, but skateboard grip tape seems easier and less permanent and I have plenty of it.  It looks like the best way to get it to stick on a Sig is to wrap it all the way around in strips and overlap the ends.

The gun is being used for both metallic-sight centerfire and as a Service Pistol.

I know the rules say "Pachmayr-style wrap-around grips are not permitted." (4.1.1(g)).  But, does anybody think that or some other rule affects wrap-around strips of grip tape?
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

Wrap-Around Grip Tape  Empty Re: Wrap-Around Grip Tape

Post by LenV 2/8/2020, 1:12 pm

What your suggesting is not really possible. Skateboard tape is not flexible enough to wrap around the grips. It also can not be overlapped onto the starting end because nothing will stick to the gritty side. Just cut small strips, squares, circles etc and apply where your hand and grip need traction.
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Allgoodhits 2/8/2020, 1:22 pm

Bren wrote:I need a better grip on my Sig P320 X-Five, since Sig decided to put smooth surfaces under the web of my hand and my middle finger on the stock grip.  I was thinking of stippling it, but skateboard grip tape seems easier and less permanent and I have plenty of it.  It looks like the best way to get it to stick on a Sig is to wrap it all the way around in strips and overlap the ends.

The gun is being used for both metallic-sight centerfire and as a Service Pistol.

I know the rules say "Pachmayr-style wrap-around grips are not permitted." (4.1.1(g)).  But, does anybody think that or some other rule affects wrap-around strips of grip tape?
Available a number of places. I got from Amazon

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  31xOzBtRshL._AC_US40_

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  31-1dLhXeQL._AC_US40_

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  31GhvjIcAhL._AC_US40_

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  31NWDdp5CwL._AC_US40_

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  31%2BQY6K33%2BL._AC_US40_

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  31HZy-L8ewL._AC_US40_

• Wrap-Around Grip Tape  71NTXir%2BgYL._AC_SX679_

Roll over image to zoom in

TALON Grips for Sig Sauer P320 X-Five Full Size 9mm
Allgoodhits
Allgoodhits

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren 2/8/2020, 5:07 pm

LenV wrote:What your suggesting is not really possible. Skateboard tape is not flexible enough to wrap around the grips. It also can not be overlapped onto the starting end because nothing will stick to the gritty side. Just cut small strips, squares, circles etc and apply where your hand and grip need traction.
Sure, it will wrap around.  I mean to cut it into fairly thin strips, maybe an inch or less wide, not to wrap a single piece around the whole grip.  I've been using grip tape on Glock grips for many years, so I have a pattern for them that lets me make a one-piece that wraps around the front and sides with cutouts for the finger groove ridges, but I was picturing straight stripes around the grip for the Sig.
Bren
Bren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down