Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper

2 posters

Go down

National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper Empty National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper

Post by Colt711 Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:51 pm

A long time shooting friend who resides near Port Clinton (Fremont) sent me a clipped news article regarding scheduling of this yrs. matches. There is a brief history of the matches & Perry. It outlines this yrs. schedule and the events. They talk about the base & CMP locations both now and in the past.  The headline is a 2 page color banner and there is a 2020 National Matches  logo (color) using 1/4 column. Further on the same for the CMP logo, again in color. A pic of the 1st shot.  I lived on Catawba for 39 ys and fired and worked @ Perry for a good many of them, I never attended the 1st shot. It was a pretty big deal to the local poobahs and news folks and whenever I met one of them they could explain it all, including the matches. Free martini's & lunches likely helped piqued their interest.

The letters N R A do not appear together anywhere in the article, nor does Atterbury, Bristol, or Chief Wa-Ke-De.

Colt711

Back to top Go down

National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper Empty Re: National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper

Post by SteveT Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:17 pm

The National Matches bring a lot of money to Port Clinton. The local paper is VERY supportive of shooters and the matches. I wouldn't expect them to promote shooters going somewhere else.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper Empty Re: National Matches articles in (local) Ottawa Co Newspaper

Post by Colt711 Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:04 pm

I understand all that.....just thought it interesting how things chg. One of the 1st things I noticed was all the store entrances sported the match logo 's and NRA was .Interestingly Ottawa Coprominent on them. Support of the matches is great. Interestingly Ottawa Co. is flat democratic.

A fellow OSP officer, Jack Shimp, (appointed) was the 1st Repub Sheriff since something like the Civil War. That was for a short period, until the next election. As you note their support is appreciated regardless, but they will toe the dem line on guns. Period.

Colt711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down