Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson/Marvel compatibility question..

+2
Jon Eulette
Tim:H11
6 posters

Go down

Nelson/Marvel compatibility question.. Empty Nelson/Marvel compatibility question..

Post by Tim:H11 2/28/2020, 11:10 pm

Will an iron sight rib from a marvel fit on a Nelson?

Back to top Go down

Nelson/Marvel compatibility question.. Empty Re: Nelson/Marvel compatibility question..

Post by Jon Eulette 2/29/2020, 1:03 am

In simple terms NO! Hole pattern is different. Also rear sits higher above slide; bigger gap.
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Nelson/Marvel compatibility question.. Empty Re: Nelson/Marvel compatibility question..

Post by Jack H 2/29/2020, 1:57 am

Marvel rail will go on a Nelson with one new hole in the rail and a little filing at the breech end.  Very simple.  I have two done that way
Marvel rail on Marvel
Nelson/Marvel compatibility question.. Marvel17

Same rail on Nelson
Nelson/Marvel compatibility question.. Marvel19
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 2/29/2020, 10:01 pm

I bought a Nelson Iron Sight rail to try on my Marvel and it did not fit.  I guess it might fit with new mounting holes but I don't want to drill holes in either one.  Its a shame because I really liked the sights on the Nelson rail but I will keep the Marvel Ribs I have.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 3/1/2020, 1:20 am

John Dervis wrote:I bought a Nelson Iron Sight rail to try on my Marvel and it did not fit.  I guess it might fit with new mounting holes but I don't want to drill holes in either one.  Its a shame because I really liked the sights on the Nelson rail but I will keep the Marvel Ribs I have.

John
Strange, I'm kind of on the opposite side of that.  I think I'd prefer a Nelson conversion, but like the iron sights on the Marvels better.

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 3/2/2020, 12:07 pm

I must be doing something wrong.....I'm happy with my Marvel and the sights it came with.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 3/2/2020, 12:20 pm

STEVE SAMELAK wrote:I must be doing something wrong.....I'm happy with my Marvel and the sights it came with.
+1
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack H 3/2/2020, 7:58 pm

Difference to me is the rails weight. Aluminum vs steel weight.
Jack H
Jack H

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 3/2/2020, 8:22 pm

What I’m thinking is that I like the Marvel rear sight more than the Nelson rear sight and so I was thinking of fitting a Marvel steel iron sight rib on to my Nelson. I was just curious of the possibility. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down