Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Images for this forum

4 posters

Go down

Images for this forum Empty Images for this forum

Post by Mike38 3/8/2020, 4:22 pm

Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm computer illiterate. Admitting I have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery. lol! 

How does a person make images small enough to load into posts on this forum? I take pictures with my phones, either a cheap Walmart Android, or with my work phone, an i6. I then email the picture to myself to get it on my computer's picture file. Either phone, the images are usually too large to put here. Do I make them smaller on my phone before sending? Can I make them smaller on my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Images for this forum Empty Re: Images for this forum

Post by james r chapman 3/8/2020, 4:59 pm

james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt 3/15/2020, 2:37 pm

Mike38 wrote:Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm computer illiterate. Admitting I have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery. lol! 

How does a person make images small enough to load into posts on this forum? I take pictures with my phones, either a cheap Walmart Android, or with my work phone, an i6. I then email the picture to myself to get it on my computer's picture file. Either phone, the images are usually too large to put here. Do I make them smaller on my phone before sending? Can I make them smaller on my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike,

Based on the number of posts I've seen on this forum, there are a number of people confused by this and give up saying their picture is too large.

As indicated in the other post (I assume), we've been told there is not much space allocated for each personal account on the forum, so its best to put the picture on another server (that server "hosts" the photo) and post a link to it here.

The other issue is the file size of your photo.  More modern cell phone cameras are 8Mpixel or more; these create a large file size and have much more resolution than you need for a simple for sale snapshot.  So, you need a picture viewer that will also allow you to resample the photo to reduce the resolution (and therefore, greatly reduce the file size).  I use "irfanview", which is free and works well, but I'm sure you can find other programs that work and perhaps you like better?

For irfanview, I'll open the program and load a photo (actually its my default jpeg viewer and thus double clicking the photo opens the program) and then select Image -> Resize/Resample.  A menu box pops up that states the pictures height and width (this might be 3000 x 4000 pixels). I select preserve the aspect ratio and then fill in the larger value to 800 and then click ok/save, etc.   Give the file a different name so you have the original picture in high resolution.  This typically reduces a 10MB+ file down to 300KB or less (depends how complex the picture is).  This level of resolution is fine for email and casual viewing by others (in fact, I'll bet its very hard to tell the difference on your cell phone until you zoom in).

I tried to keep this post as free of tech-speak as I could.  I hope it helps.

Doug

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by KBarth 3/15/2020, 2:44 pm

I use this button for pictures and I've never had one not post and I just take them with my phone.  I used it to post this photoImages for this forum Screen11
KBarth
KBarth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down