Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol?

+2
troystaten
JimTMich
6 posters

Go down

Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol? Empty Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol?

Post by JimTMich 3/24/2020, 7:16 pm

I have a Steyr Air pistol and shoot much better scores on bullseye targets than my Ruger or Marvel conversion.
All are set at roughly 2# triggers.  The marvel conversion is about 2# 10oz because I couldn't get it down to 2# and not have the hammer follow the slide occasionally.
  I find it so much easier to shoot the Steyr.
Is that simply me not controlling the recoil well with the 22's or would I find shooting a Pardini would equal more consistent targets and higher scores.
with the 22's I'm shooting a consistant 283.  With the steyr LP50, low 290's.
Thanks

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol? Empty Re: Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol?

Post by troystaten 3/24/2020, 8:17 pm

Same target? Air pistols are super accurate, even more than .22's I think so that could be part of the difference.  Maybe you should shoot them all from sandbags and see if there is a difference.

troystaten

Back to top Go down

Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol? Empty Re: Is shooting a Pardini like shooting a Steyr air pistol?

Post by javaduke 3/24/2020, 8:55 pm

I think it has to do with the grip angle. Many people train with 1911s mostly and prefer steeper grip angle, while some are used to more shallow angles typically found on European sport pistols. I have the same problem, I prefer the shallow grip angle of my Morini AP and .22 pistols, and have a hard time adjusting to 1911, even the .22 conversion.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by ClintW 3/24/2020, 10:18 pm

JimTMich,

I use an LP10 and hope to never get rid of it as it feels and shoots like a dream. Interestingly, I've never found a 22 LR pistol to feel and shoot as comfortably as the LP10. I've had good success with a Ruger Mark 2 Slab Side as my first pistol and owned S&W41, Marvels, Baikal 35M (still miss that one), and several Pardini pistols.

What I'm missing compared to the LP10 is the fantastically adjustable grip for rake which I have not been able to find in a 22 LR and while still trying different grips and even putty. Another thing I miss in 22 LR is a very low bore/sight axis. The Baikal 35M probably had the lowest bore/sight axis and was a great iron sight gun. The Pardini is very natural as an iron sight gun too. All 22 LR pistols feel awkward for me with reddots although I still try to use them in practice and matches. I also think the Pardini has one of the best triggers for adjustment, however, it just doesn't adjust enough rake and natural placement enough compared to the LP10. I've tried the factory Pardini grips, Nills, putty, and have a Rink on order. The Pardini has a great dampener system like the LP10 and barely rises if you don't mind the weight difference.

In summary, borrow a Pardini to try as I think you will find it similar to the LP10 in many areas.

Clint

ClintW

Back to top Go down

Post by CrankyThunder 3/25/2020, 8:59 am

Hi JimTMich:

Your just down the road a bit in Kalamazoo.  I am up in Lansing (Haslett to be exact). 

You really need to test drive a Pardini to get the feel of it.  Not a borrow the gun from the guy next to you with a couple magazines but a full blown range test with a couple hundred rounds down range, along with a couple other pistols for comparisons.  

Sent you a pm.  would love to set something up. 

Regards, 
Cranky
CrankyThunder
CrankyThunder

http://www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhayford45 3/25/2020, 7:12 pm

Humm,. I shoot my current Walther LP500 score wise about the same as my Pardini or Volquartsen Scorpion .22. I had a Steyr EVO and sold it as I like the Walther better. 

I see no reason why you should not be shooting both about the same. The question is what are you doing different between the two? Find those reasons and apply to both.

My guess, is you are not following or holding through the shot with the .22.

mhayford45

Back to top Go down

Post by JimTMich 3/26/2020, 8:39 am

mhayford45 wrote:Humm,. I shoot my current Walther LP500 score wise about the same as my Pardini or Volquartsen Scorpion .22. I had a Steyr EVO and sold it as I like the Walther better. 

I see no reason why you should not be shooting both about the same. The question is what are you doing different between the two? Find those reasons and apply to both.

My guess, is you are not following or holding through the shot with the .22.
I think you are onto something.  I find the Vitarbo grips tend to allow a very relaxed grip.  When I shoot 45 I have more of a death hold on the gun and shoot it really well.  Also timed and rapid 22LR groups seen to not have the consistent 8 ring string of shots at 4:30 that the slowfire targets do.

JimTMich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down