Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports

+6
Pbmoser1954
PhotoEscape
john bickar
REConley
Gustavo1957
machinist mike
10 posters

Go down

Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports Empty Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports

Post by machinist mike Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Yesterday I got an email from Target Sports saying they had gotten a restock of the Aquila SV ammo. When I clicked on the link, it showed a price of $184 plus tax including shipping.  I checked with my buddies and was going to order 4 cases.  When I clicked on the link to order, this morning, I found that the price had gone up over $25.00/case.  We decided to hold off till the madness has subsided a little.  Just kind of bummed out over this.

machinist mike

Back to top Go down

Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports Empty Re: Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports

Post by Gustavo1957 Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:45 pm

My Prime Price was $165.51 March 1st up $46 to 211.51 now, But Out Of Stock.

Gustavo1957

Back to top Go down

Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports Empty Re: Large price increase on Aquila SV at Target Sports

Post by REConley Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:47 pm

I suspect that the virus thing will out last the tight ammo supply and higher prices. With most all ranges closing what ammo we have will last a lot longer than intended unless you have your own range.
REConley
REConley

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Oh, you sweet summer children.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 pm

I went online yesterday looking for primers. According to John I must be a "sweet summer child" 😂🤣😂🤣

Every major vendor I checked are totally out of stock and not even accepting back order requests. The Corona Virus thing is indeed likely to get much worse before it gets better, but buying up all the bog roll, ammo and reloading primers?????

Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:33 pm

Roy, you sweet summer child, if you are in dire straits for primers, I can find a way to get some to you, friend. Let me know.

The "sweet summer children" remark was related to people complaining that SV .22LR had gone up $40/case. Take a look at prices 4 or 8 or 12 years ago. 

Dollar-cost-averaging is probably a good strategy now if you are low on .22 ammo. Price volatility is high; that strategy will smooth that out.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:48 pm

John, I think, you lived in Siberia prior to moving to CA.

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 am

John, thanks for the kind offer. Probably got sufficient to keep me going for a good while, but I've loaded a lot just recently and thought I might re-stock. Ho hum!

Everything in the world is turning upside down it seems. Fortunately, both my local pistol range and golf course are still open. Just need to try to stay healthy!

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbmoser1954 Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:11 am

I placed a 2 brick order on March 19th. @ $79.98
Still waiting to receive them but they didn't charge my account.  I email them and they are currently working on orders from March 13th, 14th and 15th.
Pbmoser1954
Pbmoser1954

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:42 am

Refunded my $$$ when UPS stole my case and left the outer shipping box
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pbmoser1954 Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 am

James
Good ideal to purchase Blink cameras for your porch.   I have them and they work great.  No online fees.
Pbmoser1954
Pbmoser1954

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:53 am

john bickar wrote:Oh, you sweet summer children.
You know nothing, Jon Snow John Bickar. Have you figured out the way to reload .22 yet?

I have a strong feeling we are at the beginning of another Great Ammo Shortage that will last at least a year. Here at Phoenix metro shelves are empty, all calibers are gone, even the exotic ones. No ammo, no primers, no powder.
Oh well, at least the air is still available and is free, soon I'll be practicing 10 seconds rapid fire with my Morini 162 Wink

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed Hall Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm

javaduke wrote:. . . Have you figured out the way to reload .22 yet?. . .
You mean like with this kit?:

Sharpshooter 22 Long Rifle Reloader

Ed Hall

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Huh, interesting, wondering what kind of accuracy can I get at 50 yards with this...5" maybe?

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Midway is selling Aguila Super Extra at $220 shipped for a case, but currently limited to one per customer. IMHO that is still reasonable value considering the current circumstances.

As John said:-
Dollar-cost-averaging is probably a good strategy now if you are low on .22 ammo.

I managed to find some Large Pistol Primers at Graf's, but they only had Federal Match grade available, no small primers at all. But still plenty of powder - at present. I've ordered a year's worth of primer's, powder and Brazos bullets. I'll just have to concentrate on the 22 & 45 (as recommended by many) and stop shooting the 32ACP & 9mm if and when I've used up the 5,000 SPP's I've got in stock. Ho hum.

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:33 pm

javaduke wrote:
john bickar wrote:Oh, you sweet summer children.
You know nothing, Jon Snow John Bickar. Have you figured out the way to reload .22 yet?

Eugene, you sweet, sweet summer child
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by mikld Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Hmmm. Maybe some will learn to stock up gradually, not panic buy. I have weathered the last 3 "shortages" quite well. Perhaps one reason was because I lived in earthquake country most of my life and I remembered my Boy Scout days; "Be Prepared". For several years whenever I bought any components I would often get an extra pound of powder or a brick of primers or 22 lrs. Sometimes when shopping for something else I'd stop by the sporting goods dept. and get a pound or brick. I refuse to pay Haz Mat and haven't purchased powder or primers on line in at least 20 years and get all my components locally, and if the local dealer is out, no worries, I can last quite a while with what I have stored...

mikld

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:29 pm

PhotoEscape wrote:John, I think, you lived in Siberia prior to moving to CA.

AP

mikld wrote:Hmmm. Maybe some will learn to stock up gradually, not panic buy. I have weathered the last 3 "shortages" quite well. Perhaps one reason was because I lived in earthquake country most of my life and I remembered my Boy Scout days; "Be Prepared". For several years whenever I bought any components I would often get an extra pound of powder or a brick of primers or 22 lrs. Sometimes when shopping for something else I'd stop by the sporting goods dept. and get a pound or brick. I refuse to pay Haz Mat and haven't purchased powder or primers on line in at least 20 years and get all my components locally, and if the local dealer is out, no worries, I can last quite a while with what I have stored...

I quoted myself here, because nobody asked the meaning, and also quote mikld post because he pretty much explained what I meant.  So just to give a bit longer explanation and maybe brighten someone's day..........
When there are 6 meters of show outside, and one hardly can open door, let's say from the middle of September to the middle of the May with occasional breaks, issue with sheltering in place and social distancing becomes way of leaving.  Forget about supply chain, because roads have same amount of snow and weather allows only for occasional helo's drops.  So you are pretty much stuck until somebody bothers to dig you out (very unlikely event) or snow melts!  So folks learned to have enough primers, enough powder, enough 22LR ................ and enough food.  Because one can rely only on one-selves or neighbors.  And I must say that latter is exemplary - folks are sharing last piece of bread!

John's offering to get primers to Roy reminded me of the above! 

Now think why school years start in August - September Smile   

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down