Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CCI SV at target sports

+4
PhotoEscape
chiz1180
zanemoseley
10sandxs
8 posters

Go down

CCI SV at target sports Empty CCI SV at target sports

Post by 10sandxs 3/4/2022, 6:59 am

They've had 99+ cases for several days at $485 and free shipping. Last week i shot some of the "new box"  cci. I've shot a full brick in my nelson with zero issues and very good accuracy.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-standard-velocity-22-long-rifle-ammo-40-grain-lead-round-nose-0035-p-884.aspx

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

CCI SV at target sports Empty Re: CCI SV at target sports

Post by zanemoseley 3/4/2022, 8:13 am

Don't buy at this price unless you're desperate. If people keep paying double they'll keep charging double.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 3/4/2022, 8:22 am

zanemoseley wrote:Don't buy at this price unless you're desperate. If people keep paying double they'll keep charging double.
It's been a long... loonnngggg time since I bought CCI at $240 a case...

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/4/2022, 9:10 am

Maybe 2-3 yrs ago. The shit didn't hit the fan till March 2020. Before that they needed rebates and other promos to even move rimfire and primers. I should have dropped a couple grand and really stocked up when the getting was good. Problem was people didn't expect the buying frenzy that early, we knew it was going to be coming to an extent when the presidential election came around but COVID really kicked it off early and caught most of us by surprise. I got a case of LPP from Brownell's for $150 with free shipping/hazmat in October 2019 and pretty sure I got a rebate on top of that.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 3/4/2022, 9:11 am

10sandxs wrote:
zanemoseley wrote:Don't buy at this price unless you're desperate. If people keep paying double they'll keep charging double.
It's been a long... loonnngggg time since I bought CCI at $240 a case...
Agree, no many other factors in place to see significantly lower prices on 22. When I started shooting in 2018-2019 a case of CCI that wasn't on sale or didn't have a rebate was about 350-400 depending on retailer. Considering I could sell my pickup truck for more that I paid for it, a $135 differential is not that bad. It is just the world we live in. 

I also don't think it is a good thing to label this price as a "if your desperate" price. It definitely is not the most attractive price, but it isn't bad either.
chiz1180
chiz1180

10sandxs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 3/4/2022, 9:41 am

Zane,
You might want to buy a huge tank and fill it with gasoline.  Because it is going to get ugly.  Desert Storm gas prices will look like a bargain!

I don't think I need to elaborate more on my point!

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

10sandxs, Foundryratjim, Motophotog7 and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/4/2022, 10:00 am

So what exactly does Russian oil have to do with CCI....  Better buy a bunch of apples since Ukrainian wheat will be gone too.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by PhotoEscape 3/4/2022, 10:12 am

zanemoseley wrote:So what exactly does Russian oil have to do with CCI....  Better buy a bunch of apples since Ukrainian wheat will be gone too.
It is not about Russian oil, Ukranian wheat, apples or CCI for that matter.  It is about to driving full speed forward with head turned backward.  And it is about reality of Present!  Knowing history is extremely important, but does not mean that you should or can live in yesterday or 2019 or elsewhere in the past........ 

AP
PhotoEscape
PhotoEscape
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/4/2022, 10:26 am

Well during the gloom and doom years of the RF shortage in Obama's years a buddy and I paid $400 a case for CCI plus tax and shipping and felt lucky to get it. In March 2019 we got cases of RWS Target Pistol from CC for $250 a case and could get all we wanted, would have been $800-900 back when we got the CCI. Supply and demand in the ammo market is a fickle bitch.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 3/4/2022, 10:29 am

Zane, 

To be blunt, many newer participants to the sport come here looking for info. Lamenting that current prices are not what they once were is not beneficial talking point for anyone in the sport. 

In regards to the cost of oil, freight cost drive prices of all goods.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by NukeMMC 3/4/2022, 10:56 am

If you folks want to sell him a case of CCI for $280 I'm sure he would accept it. Otherwise if you can find CCI your best bet is to pick it up as long as it's not more than about 10 cents per shot. Eley Target is at Freeland's for $6.50/50.
NukeMMC
NukeMMC

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/4/2022, 11:03 am

Not to mention that CCI is selling this direct for $4.99/box-of-50, limit 10 boxes, whereas TargetSports is selling under that price and will ship full cases. I don't see any gouging here, and we all know we're heading for new prices (I can guess which way) going forward.

I will say though that this ammo is great for training but it groups visibly wider in all my pistols. I'm really hoping to see the SK pipeline open up soon.

Last edited by -TT- on 3/4/2022, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/4/2022, 11:03 am

This is a far better deal if you need RF ammo. What I'm saying is don't waste money buying overpriced CCI if you don't NEED it. Hoarders drive up the price up and opportunists will take gladly take your money. Enough said.

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/rimfire/22lr/22-lr-40-gr-lrn-tac-22/?mc_cid=1ffcaa3892&mc_eid=a1e961e77e%C2%A0

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/4/2022, 11:06 am

zanemoseley wrote:This is a far better deal if you need RF ammo.

That's $1.51 less per brick. "Far better"?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/4/2022, 11:41 am

For much better ammo. You guys are making my brain hurt. Feel free to pay the same amount for CCI as you can get rebadged SK/RWS ammo for.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by -TT- 3/4/2022, 12:43 pm

Last time I tried Norma TAC it was literally dripping lube. I had to mop it up from my fingers, mags, bench, and gun. Has that changed?
-TT-
-TT-

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley 3/10/2022, 2:05 pm

-TT- wrote:Last time I tried Norma TAC it was literally dripping lube. I had to mop it up from my fingers, mags, bench, and gun. Has that changed?

Got my Norma TAC yesterday, looks great. Still has RWS headstamp and at room temp the lube seems just right. Might get more slippery if its a hot day.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by webfoot56 3/22/2022, 9:10 pm

I hear federal -cci raising prices april 1st. Maybe not a bad idea to get some ammo at old prices if you can find some.

webfoot56

Pinetree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinetree 3/22/2022, 9:59 pm

Our league travelled to a club last Thursday, and we got into one of those "well back when I started it was 50 cents a box" discussions.

The times they are a-changing.

My last case of CCI Standard Velocity was $522. Not really happy about paying that much, but I needed it and it was available.

If there's anything that I learned in the military it's this: "Things could always get worse."

Pinetree
Pinetree

dieselguy624 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down