Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

+17
Schaumannk
aub1957
Jerry.Yuen
Soupy44
James Hensler
dfk178
tovaert
bruce martindale
Allen Barnett
Dcforman
javaduke
JKR
SteveT
STEVE SAMELAK
John Dervis
Danehogle
Al
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury Empty Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

Post by Al 4/13/2020, 10:31 am

I'd decided last July I was going to Perry again this year. Now with all this China virus stuff going on, beginning to wonder if it's a good idea. Shouldn't be an issue when we're on the line shooting, but all the rest of the time spent on commercial row & waiting in line at the CMP to get packets.

Just wondering if anyone else is having reservations about the trip. Hopefully by July all this will be nothing but a bad memory.

Stay well all.
Allen

Al

Back to top Go down

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury Empty Re: Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

Post by Danehogle 4/13/2020, 10:40 am

If they are open.... I’ll be there.
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury Empty Re: Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

Post by John Dervis 4/13/2020, 10:45 am

I will be going as long as they still have it.

Hope to see everyone there.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by STEVE SAMELAK 4/13/2020, 11:06 am

I may not be good but I'll be there.
My snoring should keep John from being well rested.
STEVE SAMELAK
STEVE SAMELAK

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 4/13/2020, 12:04 pm

Up until January I was planning to attend both Atterbury and Perry. Now I'm definitely having second thoughts, but will probably follow the guidelines of the organizers. If it happens, I will probably be there. I am lucky to be within 5 hours driving time, so I can decide last minute.

Given the demographics of bullseye shooters, I would feel terrible if I got there and later in the week started showing symptoms. The last thing I want to do is spread something among my fellow shooters.

If I had to bet today, I would say we will be in some level of quarantine for more than a year, until a significant percentage of the population is immune. I think there will be a slow relaxation of social distancing over the next several months, but all major events this summer will be cancelled, but it's just a guess.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by JKR 4/13/2020, 12:05 pm

Not going. Wife’s in the medical field. Gonna miss it for sure!
JKR

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 4/13/2020, 8:06 pm

If Perry is not cancelled, I'm definitely going! Jolly Roger, Docks Beach house and other local businesses will be needing my support Wink

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 4/13/2020, 8:43 pm

javaduke wrote:If Perry is not cancelled, I'm definitely going! Jolly Roger, Docks Beach house and other local businesses will be needing my support Wink
So true. Not sure how Andy's would survive without me buying double scoops literally every night I'm there!

Dave

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Allen Barnett 4/14/2020, 4:16 pm

My guess is Camp Perry (CMP) will either be canceled totally for the year or postponed until late summer or early fall.  As for Camp Atterbury (NRA) I bet the ranges haven't even been started and they might be ready by 2021 but I would not even bet on that.  As for a NRA National Championship I would bet that they will never happen again!  So sad in my opinion, but that's mt guess of things to come.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 4/14/2020, 6:35 pm

There is a matter of Federal law that mandates national championships be held annually. But in light of everything else going on, I see that as a detail to be ignored.

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tovaert 4/15/2020, 7:40 am

If they are going to be held, they might approach Bristol for both smallbore and pistol.

tovaert

Back to top Go down

Post by dfk178 4/15/2020, 11:58 am

Can the 2020 NRA Precision Pistol Championships be held as a Sectional?
dfk178
dfk178

Back to top Go down

Post by James Hensler 4/15/2020, 1:05 pm

dfk178 wrote:Can the 2020 NRA Precision Pistol Championships be held as a Sectional?
I highly doubt it! Over 500-600 shooters. How many strings would be needed to be held at a single range
James Hensler
James Hensler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 4/15/2020, 1:37 pm

With people not having to travel as far, I bet they'd have closer to 1000 shooters.

Dcforman

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupy44 4/15/2020, 2:03 pm

My boss had a great line about how things will be when they are back to "normal".  Those who want to go to a restaurant will not go to the one with the best steak, they'll go to the one still practicing some form of social distancing.  People will still be scared once the restrictions are lifted.

For us, how many would want to be at Perry if 90% of the country has no restrictions and 10% do?  Sorry NYC, but right now shooting next to you will make a lot of people nervous even though there is about a 1 in 100 chance they are infected.

I hope suspect local competition will start first as it becomes viable.  Once people feel a clump of states are out of a pandemic, then more regional competition will restart (emphasis on the "feel").

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Post by Danehogle 4/15/2020, 3:21 pm

bruce martindale wrote:There is a matter of Federal law that mandates national championships be held annually. But in light of everything else going on, I see that as a detail to be ignored.
This “Federal mater “ only pertains to the CMP run “ National Matches”
The NRA has no claim on them any more as they have left Perry.
Danehogle
Danehogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry.Yuen 4/18/2020, 3:43 pm

Online Registration for the National Matches is still up. I registered.

If everyone is scared to attend, I may break into the P100 by default.
Jerry.Yuen
Jerry.Yuen

Back to top Go down

Post by aub1957 4/22/2020, 3:04 pm

Looks like they pulled the plug on Perry this year.

aub1957

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/22/2020, 3:06 pm

aub1957 wrote:Looks like they pulled the plug on Perry this year.
Yep.   Superseded  by events.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by aub1957 4/22/2020, 3:08 pm

2020. What a year....

aub1957

Back to top Go down

Post by weber1b 4/22/2020, 3:49 pm

I was just getting ready to sign up for CMP when I saw the announcement. Can't imagine that the NRA matches aren't about to be next.

weber1b

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/22/2020, 3:58 pm

weber1b wrote:I was just getting ready to sign up for CMP when I saw the announcement. Can't imagine that the NRA matches aren't about to be next.
I suspect so.   Certainly takes the pressure off for getting the facilities ready.   Just wonder what will happen with Canton, Cardinal and Bristol.  Really kind of crazy since the place you are least likely to catch the Corona virus is in the summer outside.  

The problems aren’t going to be this summer.  They will be next fall if and when we get a second wave of infection.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/22/2020, 4:01 pm

https://thecmp.org/l/cmp-announces-cancellation-of-selected-upcoming-events/#NM-Cancelled
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 4/22/2020, 5:55 pm

Schaumannk wrote:Really kind of crazy since the place you are least likely to catch the Corona virus is in the summer outside.  
I think it has just as much to do with there isn't anyone in the office to do what needs to be done to get ready.  Plus the uncertainty that some businesses they need to work with may not open in time to get their work done either.  

Without a known fixed schedule it could turn into a real cluster and the CMP won't risk that especially their 1st year running Perry all themselves.  

- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dervis 4/22/2020, 6:10 pm

dronning wrote:
Schaumannk wrote:Really kind of crazy since the place you are least likely to catch the Corona virus is in the summer outside.  
I think it has just as much to do with there isn't anyone in the office to do what needs to be done to get ready.  Plus the uncertainty that some businesses they need to work with may not open in time to get their work done either.  

Without a known fixed schedule it could turn into a real cluster and the CMP won't risk that especially their 1st year running Perry all themselves.  

- Dave
I think Dave hit it on the head.  It will likely be safe to hold a match in July but the groundwork that needs to go into pre match logistics is the bigger concern in the near term.  That's probably what the majority of the conversation was like in those meetings.  Eventually the world will straighten itself out and we will all get back to normal.  Until then, hopefully the local matches will still be held and we can build from there.

John

John Dervis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next