Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

+17
Schaumannk
aub1957
Jerry.Yuen
Soupy44
James Hensler
dfk178
tovaert
bruce martindale
Allen Barnett
Dcforman
javaduke
JKR
SteveT
STEVE SAMELAK
John Dervis
Danehogle
Al
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury - Page 2 Empty Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

Post by Al 4/13/2020, 10:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I'd decided last July I was going to Perry again this year. Now with all this China virus stuff going on, beginning to wonder if it's a good idea. Shouldn't be an issue when we're on the line shooting, but all the rest of the time spent on commercial row & waiting in line at the CMP to get packets.

Just wondering if anyone else is having reservations about the trip. Hopefully by July all this will be nothing but a bad memory.

Stay well all.
Allen

Al

Back to top Go down

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury - Page 2 Empty Re: Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

Post by watercam 4/23/2020, 9:06 am

Per CMP web site - Camp Perry canceled for this year.

watercam

Back to top Go down

Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury - Page 2 Empty Re: Any decisions on Perry or Atterbury

Post by javaduke 4/24/2020, 2:43 pm

Any word about Canton and Cardinal?

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/24/2020, 2:50 pm

My guess is since they are private clubs without housing issues, that both matches are a go.  Canton, which has online entry, is hedging their bets, having people sign up, and taking payment later.  

I imagine what a lot of us are waiting on is the NRA.   If they scrub Atterbury I will shoot Bristol, Cardinal and then Canton.  Three matches makes it worth the 2200 mile round trip.  Especially at the price of gas now.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT 4/24/2020, 4:16 pm

On usrifleteams.org there is a post that Atterbury plans to run a rifle match in early May. There is no military activity on the base, but they want to get things restarted if possible.

I would think the decision about Bristol, Canton, Cardinal and all the rest will mostly depend on the exact orders from their state's Governor. If they allow large events then there is nothing stopping the matches from a legal perspective. If there is still a State of Emergency order in place, then each club will need to figure out if they can run the event within the order, or be ready to fight a legal battle with the state. I've heard rumors one local club is staying open hoping they get a "Cease and Desist" order so they can challenge the legality of the governors order. My club can't afford to do that.
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/24/2020, 4:24 pm

SteveT wrote:On usrifleteams.org there is a post that Atterbury plans to run a rifle match in early May. There is no military activity on the base, but they want to get things restarted if possible.

I would think the decision about Bristol, Canton, Cardinal and all the rest will mostly depend on the exact orders from their state's Governor. If they allow large events then there is nothing stopping the matches from a legal perspective. If there is still a State of Emergency order in place, then each club will need to figure out if they can run the event within the order, or be ready to fight a legal battle with the state. I've heard rumors one local club is staying open hoping they get a "Cease and Desist" order so they can challenge the legality of the governors order. My club can't afford to do that.
I don’t really think there are going to be any state Emergency orders restricting outdoor events come June. It would be political suicide for the government officials in question.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 4/29/2020, 5:20 pm

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2020/4/29/breaking-nra-cancels-2020-national-rifle-pistol-championships/
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 4/29/2020, 5:27 pm

This is really too bad, but not unexpected.   I guess I should sign up for Cardinal and Canton now so they know that some people at least, want to come to their matches.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by dfk178 4/30/2020, 12:53 pm

Can the 2020 NRA Outdoor National Precision Pistol Championships be organized as a 2020 NRA Outdoor National Precision Pistol Sectional Championship? Shot Just for this year.
Shot Outdoors, locations throughout the US?  I think it is possible. Organizers would have to come up with a new set of rules.
dfk178
dfk178

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2