Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NRA Classifications on hold?

+6
fc60
cdrt
james r chapman
chiz1180
dronning
Mike38
10 posters

Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by Mike38 Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:43 pm

Due to the Covid scare, NRA matches are suspended for a while. I understand that. Also, NRA-HQ has put employees on furlough / lay off. But are reclassifications also on hold? The last three matches that I have completed (540 shots) should bump me up to Expert, just barely with a 90.5%. Will we get reclassified soon? Or is that also on hold?
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

NRA Classifications on hold? Empty Re: NRA Classifications on hold?

Post by dronning Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Someone needs to be there to enter the data, it could be months from now,
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:33 am

One thing you can do is check your competitor history on the NRA competition portal thing and see what matches they have recorded, probably the best insight you can get on getting reclassified.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:55 am

Half our companies office employees are working from home remotely due to customer demands.

Why not NRA!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cdrt Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:40 am

The NRA entered the scores for our Winter League last week, that I send in at the end of March, so someone is working.  You need to check your competitor history and also check with your match director and see when the scores were submitted.
cdrt
cdrt

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:57 am

You must be like the small business loans,
Shuffled to the top of the heap.
Nothing from many matches and leagues since 
September, ‘19
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike38 Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:54 am

chiz1180 wrote:One thing you can do is check your competitor history on the NRA competition portal thing and see what matches they have recorded, probably the best insight you can get on getting reclassified.

My "Competitor History" it is currently up to date. Last match I've shot was 12/8/19. But the "Your Classification" didn't get updated.

My guess is because of the postponements of NRA matches, and the recent lay offs and reductions at NRA-HQ, nothing will get updated for months, if not the rest of the year.
Mike38
Mike38

Back to top Go down

Post by fc60 Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 am

Mike38 wrote:Due to the Covid scare, NRA matches are suspended for a while. I understand that. Also, NRA-HQ has put employees on furlough / lay off. But are reclassifications also on hold? The last three matches that I have completed (540 shots) should bump me up to Expert, just barely with a 90.5%. Will we get reclassified soon? Or is that also on hold?
Good news,

You can elect to shoot in a higher classification, except High Master.

Cheers,

Dave
fc60
fc60

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Portland Oregon Winter League results up to the end of December 2019 must have got processed cause I got a reclassification card from the NRA dated 27 January 2020. Just FYI.

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Mike38 wrote:My "Competitor History" it is currently up to date. Last match I've shot was 12/8/19. But the "Your Classification" didn't get updated.

My guess is because of the postponements of NRA matches, and the recent lay offs and reductions at NRA-HQ, nothing will get updated for months, if not the rest of the year.
My competitor history is missing like 5-6 matches going back as far a September. I personal have given up on that system ever being up to date.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by djperry2 Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:59 pm

Somebody must be working overtime at the NRA. I get mailings at least twice a week with a contest entry ( with donation request), urgent NRA-ILA call to action ( with donation request). Not to mention the daily ( sometimes multiple) e-mail requests for donations and invitations to Friends of the NRA events. All those have been cancelled but still get invitations ( with donation request). Frequently get e-mails asking to shop at the NRA store.

At least someone is taking care of all the important work.

djperry2

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyH Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:22 pm

djperry2 wrote:Somebody must be working overtime at the NRA. I get mailings at least twice a week with a contest entry ( with donation request), urgent NRA-ILA call to action ( with donation request). Not to mention the daily ( sometimes multiple) e-mail requests for donations and invitations to Friends of the NRA events. All those have been cancelled but still get invitations ( with donation request). Frequently get e-mails asking to shop at the NRA store.

At least someone is taking care of all the important work.
They need the donations so the “essential” employees can still get their salaries. Please keep giving even if you are not employed presently!
TonyH
TonyH

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Tiedt Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:05 pm

james r chapman wrote:You must be like the small business loans,
Shuffled to the top of the heap.
Nothing from many matches and leagues since 
September, ‘19

Waiting longer than that here.

Doug Tiedt

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:02 am

After reading this and many other topics along these lines lately, here are some things I've noticed over the years.

I'm a Life member and since requesting no more solicitations, I've not gotten any.  But can't seem to get them to understand I don't even want the magazine.  Ask for what you want and be thankful for what you get.  Just talking about it gets you nothing different. 

Match results seem to get process quicker when they are actually sent in for matches that were already registered or approved.

League results seem to get processed when the league that was approved is over and all match scores are actually sent in.

Everybody makes mistakes, some people learn from then, some people don't. But you can still expect new mistakes from the same people and the same mistakes from new people. 

People that assume the worst in others tend to get the worst from others. 

You can't drink all day unless you start before breakfast. (Done)

CR

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down